Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 4 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I drink so much coffee my fingers strip the nickel plating on wound strings and I play so hard all strings get divots after a couple days.
It's far worse with Cygnus. Last night I got lost in the chug and my fingers were black from nickel plating.

I always wipe down my strings and store my guitars in their cases to minimize string oxidation; like Joe, I hate changing strings.

I practice playing as lightly as I can to get a variety of sounds and subtle overtones; not saying that a long power chord struck as hard as possible isn't as awesome but yeah, this firmware is very engaging.

My hands are very dry, they never get sweat, sometimes is hard to keep the pick in place, so my strings never get rust.
Thin plastic bags are a nightmare for me, I can’t open them without getting my fingers wet.
Plastic bags are the worst. Especially when you gotta lick your fingers while wearing a mask. So next best thing is to find someone not wearing a mask and ask them to lick your fingers.

@2112 @yek @Thomas Obester @IronSean

Here's a bit more explanation and a short clip

Previous to watching Leon's video, I had already dialed the Atomica High and liked it. After watching Leon's video, I fired up the CCV at stock settings, and I thought it sounded very similar - With my HSS strat with Tom Anderson PUps, I almost could not tell the difference. That guitar is taken apart ATM, so for the clip, I used my Dahlberg, which is a completely different beast, and here the differences are a little more apparent. Both amp models have the CC boost on at 12 dB. Listening back, the CCV at stock settings has a bit more gain, more fizz and less oompff. I definitely prefer the Atomica with the bridge pickup, but the CCV has a delicious 3-dimension depth with the P90 pickup.

Previous to watching Leon's video, I had already dialed the Atomica High and liked it. After watching Leon's video, I fired up the CCV at stock settings, and I thought it sounded very similar - With my HSS strat with Tom Anderson PUps, I almost could not tell the difference. That guitar is taken apart ATM, so for the clip, I used my Dahlberg, which is a completely different beast, and here the differences are a little more apparent. Both amp models have the CC boost on at 12 dB. Listening back, the CCV at stock settings has a bit more gain, more fizz and less oompff. I definitely prefer the Atomica with the bridge pickup, but the CCV has a delicious 3-dimension depth with the P90 pickup.

Great
What ir did you use on this?

Juicy!

At stock settings the CCVC is much more aggressive and into-your-face, with much more hi-freq content, while the Atomica is a little tamer, smoother and darker. The CC Boost of course will decrease the differences.

I have an 8am call and I'm still up playing the dang Badger 18 with a shimmer drive in front of it. Literally the fattest, juiciest tone I've EVER HAD.

If I owned an amp that just made this one sound I'd never sell it and play it every day. I just keep switching between my EJ and Luke3 with the vol turned down to 8. This firmware totally rewards lower output pickups to my ears. Just like a real quality amp.

The string attack is so clear while the bottom is HUGE and fat. Hallelujah I've seen the light! Cliff I'm not sure what you're doing but so far it's working for my ears!

Check this out folks - Axechange link
I just fired up this preset - some great tones there. I did have to back down the comp and amp levels as it was clipping here even with my strat? But thanks for sharing love the Badger amp.

I just fired up this preset - some great tones there. I did have to back down the comp and amp levels as it was clipping here even with my strat? But thanks for sharing love the Badger amp.
Weird . . . no clipping here. Maybe it's a bug in the preset export?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom