Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 4 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Fully appreciate that this is a beta, and that there were warnings in the release notes about popping - but want to share a warning. While auditioning IRs in the cab block and muting/unmuting/soloing IRs, there are unbelievably loud pops/volume spikes. Even with the actual signal volume at reasonable levels, the pops/surges are absolutely deafening sitting in front of my two CLRs.

Once again, not complaining or disparaging the firmware in anyway or claiming I wasn't warned, but just offering a specific warning about this experience for other users who may be using the beta and auditioning IRs in the cab block.

Thanks.
are you holding a chord/note when the pops happen, or was there no guitar signal happening? i wouldn't think the amp changes would affect this.

are you holding a chord/note when the pops happen, or was there no guitar signal happening? i wouldn't think the amp changes would affect this.
Hi,

My recollection is that it happens when I am holding a note or there is some sustain/decay signal active while I make the edit in Axe Edit. I have no desire to recreate as it is like getting clubbed in the head even with the volume at conversational levels.

Perhaps best practice to be sure there is no signal when making such edits - but I have been spending a lot of time auditioning IRs in this fashion for some time and have not experienced the issue in a noticeable way prior to this beta. I am not particularly given to hyperbole or whining, but the level of these pops/volume spikes relative to the normal signal listening volume could do serious damage to someone's hearing.

Thanks.

Hi,

My recollection is that it happens when I am holding a note or there is some sustain/decay signal active while I make the edit in Axe Edit. I have no desire to recreate as it is like getting clubbed in the head even with the volume at conversational levels.

Perhaps best practice to be sure there is no signal when making such edits - but I have been spending a lot of time auditioning IRs in this fashion for some time and have not experienced the issue in a noticeable way prior to this beta. I am not particularly given to hyperbole or whining, but the level of these pops/volume spikes relative to the normal signal listening volume could do serious damage to someone's hearing.

Thanks.
sure just asking for things so i can try to recreate it and report it to the developers. thanks!

sure just asking for things so i can try to recreate it and report it to the developers. thanks!
Great thanks.

Not sure if it makes a difference but the patch I am working with also had pretty high CPU usage which can sometimes cause things to get a little wonky. Let me know if I can do anything else to help.

Firmware sounds awesome though.

I have an 8am call and I'm still up playing the dang Badger 18 with a shimmer drive in front of it. Literally the fattest, juiciest tone I've EVER HAD.

If I owned an amp that just made this one sound I'd never sell it and play it every day. I just keep switching between my EJ and Luke3 with the vol turned down to 8. This firmware totally rewards lower output pickups to my ears. Just like a real quality amp.

The string attack is so clear while the bottom is HUGE and fat. Hallelujah I've seen the light! Cliff I'm not sure what you're doing but so far it's working for my ears!

Check this out folks - Axechange link

He's right - I am seeing same issues even while just spinning the dials from preset to preset, something I have never heard before...very loud pops and thumps.

Just a grateful shout out to all of you great folks thoroughly testing this beta! This will be a killer firmware upgrade upon its formal release. Thanks to all of you!

Just installed Cygnus this morning. Very much more a "live" sound I'm finding, but what I've noticed too is just how well the Air and Room parameters sound now in the cab block. I'm finding that Room Level = 8%, Room size = 8.5 and Air =12% work well so far across the board. I never really found it very useful until now, maybe it's just me not paying attention before ... who knows but I like it and thats all that matters.

Just installed Cygnus this morning. Very much more a "live" sound I'm finding, but what I've noticed too is just how well the Air and Room parameters sound now in the cab block. I'm finding that Room Level = 8%, Room size = 8.5 and Air =12% work well so far across the board. I never really found it very useful until now, maybe it's just me not paying attention before ... who knows but I like it and thats all that matters.

I play with headphones a lot, those room parameters are a godsend. I just turn up the level at the standard hall setting, and it instantly feels to me like I'm listening to a miced up amp in the other room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom