Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 4 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
And, as a bonus, I noticed the distortion characteristics of the Deluxe Reverb were much closer to that of my own amps.
I noticed that. It sounds very much like some original blackface Deluxe Reverbs I had, just as if they were miked and I was in the control room or I had headphones on.

That's the beauty of Public Betas. If it wasn't for this release, maybe Cliff wouldn't caught the bug in the 5153 Red and possibly others hidden here and there. I'm pretty sure Cliff and the FAS team aren't rushing anything (have they ever? Honestly).

For me, releasing Public Betas like this is a very efficient way to speed up towards a [mostly] bug free Official Release.
FAS beta is the best way to find some bugs and have fun in the process.

Last edited:
Current release is a beta, so not premature. It exists to provide another level of testing, and feedback to the developer before final release. Seems to often be misunderstanding on that
aspect.
Once again you don’t understand what I mean 🤦 .
i am not saying that the beta is premature , I am saying that I prefer to have a final “bug free” release better than a premature definitive version . I am not talking about the beta at all so .

Software is essentially never bug-free as it's a human creation and complex software has too many permutations to test comprehensively. There are methodologies to try to address this (test driven design, white / black box testing, N-wise testing, random testing, etc).

As many have said, a beta release is a way for users willing to take the "risk" (not really a risk with backup & restore) to try it out and find bugs or issues.

Personally I usually wait days to weeks after a beta or official to see if it is pretty stable. I don't gig so either way it's relatively low risk to me. (Not everyone!)

Current release is a beta, so not premature. It exists to provide another level of testing, and feedback to the developer before final release. Seems to often be misunderstanding on that
aspect.
And Mud was saying to continue the BETA testing and refinement and NOT rush to a full official release. Always the best path with any software, always! I'll wait till it is nearly perfect!

Once again you don’t understand what I mean 🤦 .
i am not saying that the beta is premature , I am saying that I prefer to have a final “bug free” release better than a premature definitive version . I am not talking about the beta at all so .
Apologies - I misunderstood from your initial post that you wanted some assurance of stability in beta mode

...carry on...

Holy Holy Holy S***Balls Batman -- all the Plexi's I've reset and tried are OFF THE HOOK in Cygnus!

Re-setting amps and dialing in LiveGold, started with Marshalls Cliff has updated in beta 4....and these are so unbelievably GOOD...can't stop playing!

Just wow. Secret sauce indeed!
Fuck yeah, their great!

i am not saying that the beta is premature , I am saying that I prefer to have a final “bug free” release better than a premature definitive version .

And Mud was saying to continue the BETA testing and refinement and NOT rush to a full official release. Always the best path with any software, always! I'll wait till it is nearly perfect!

Understood,

We all prefer that, but that's like putting the cart before the horse. I've not heard the beta yet, but I can tell you that to do any "final" release software that's bug-free, requires lots of time & testing 1st. That usually requires lots of willing people many hours to test it, and then retest it, and that's why it's called a "beta" release. You can not have a final bug-free release of anything without this process 1st. To do so would circumvent the whole "bug-free" process. In other words, I think we would be waiting until a late 2023 release, for a few people to test it as thoroughly as it is being beta-tested now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom