Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 4 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Larry Kehl said:
Forgive my ignorance, I’m old ("get off my grass old," actually time period wise more like “get off my Eocene [Cenozoic Era] grass”) but what or why is this FW, or thread, titled “Cygnus?”

BTW I don't see Gibton/Gibson Scout in either verified or unverified list (yea I know nag, nag, nag) - 😄

Why are you called "Larry?" Because someone gave you that name. Why is Cygnus called "Cygnus?" Same reason. :)

It has been mentioned in another thread : in the greek mythology, Cygnus (Cycnos) was the son of Ares

The HBE...

I fooled around with this model in previous firmwares. It never really knocked me over. But I revisited it today on Cygnus. WOW. AMAZING. I'm hooked.

I never played the real amp. No idea if the model is true to it or not. And I don't care. I just lost the evening playing this thing.

FWIW, not much deep editing here. Gain 2.3, Bass 4, Mid 6, Treble 6, and Negative Feedback 3. IR is @York Audio FDMN. A little medium hall reverb...That's it.

The HBE...

I fooled around with this model in previous firmwares. It never really knocked me over. But I revisited it today on Cygnus. WOW. AMAZING. I'm hooked.

I never played the real amp. No idea if the model is true to it or not. And I don't care. I just lost the evening playing this thing.

FWIW, not much deep editing here. Gain 2.3, Bass 4, Mid 6, Treble 6, and Negative Feedback 3. IR is @York Audio FDMN. A little medium hall reverb...That's it.
It seems always easier to dial in the amp to the model in general. My BE100 does sound like the model.

I created a few presets using the 50 Watt Plexi and Plexi Jump...and with my Gibson Les Paul Custom, with the 498t pickup, the presets bite hard and gut punch!

I have been trying for years, to get the old Page violin type tone, from Led Zeppelin 2...and today, I got to that exact sound using the Plexi and the 4 x 12 Greenback cabs. I was never able to get that tone, until this update.

I am in awe.

Now, if only I could play like him - LMFAO

Possible issue - haven't played with the Princeton AA964 in a while, but it seems very low volume...

I was using the 5F2 variant right before and there is a drastic different between them.

I never noticed it before... Just wanted to share in case there's something up with the model.

"Everyone in front of the mirror before we wrap up!"
I realized that hearing those notes made me make similar faces. You should have a hidden camera to see the face of the people watching your videos :D . When you love what you're doing you're doing it best! Keep it coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom