Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 4 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cygnus is demonstrably more accurate. Whether this improved accuracy pleases you or suits your style of music is a different story. For certain genres, perhaps thrash metal for example, the more polished sound of 15.01 may be more desirable for some individuals.
Ha.

I found a bug where the input impedance flickers when you first click on the input block in axe-edit. I’m not sure if it’s been discussed, or if I should post it here

Cygnus is demonstrably more accurate. Whether this improved accuracy pleases you or suits your style of music is a different story. For certain genres, perhaps thrash metal for example, the more polished sound of 15.01 may be more desirable for some individuals.
Au contraire, monsieur. 16 seems to sound more raw, aggressive and focussed - that’s perfect for Thrash!

Just see these reading my feed ...

but have you actually tried it
what do YOU think ?
i am not trying to be rude it just seems lately i see a lot of these posts. Complaints on forums and especially social media

Ultimately only YOU can decide if something is going to work for you
dont get hung up on others opinions about gear , lately there is so much condemnation for products or firmware based on what some guys said on the internet or in a youtube video
from an influencer

it is unfortunate as it leads to a lot if toxic behaviour and pi***** contests
that take away from thr enjoyment of the gear

but have you actually tried it
what do YOU think ?
i am not trying to be rude it just seems lately i see a lot of these posts. Complaints on forums and especially social media

Ultimately only YOU can decide if something is going to work for you
dont get hung up on others opinions about gear , lately there is so much condemnation for products or firmware based on what some guys said on the internet or in a youtube video
from an influencer

it is unfortunate as it leads to a lot if toxic behaviour and pi***** contests
that take away from thr enjoyment of the gear
I totally agree with this . Only you can decide . I am just waiting the final one . Because yes , tweaks take me a lot of time and don’t want to try something unfinished , work on it , and then redo everything if the final is different . Can we have a approx delay ? I don’t want to press at all , I can wait months 😅.

@FractalAudio I noticed with a few models (can't recall which), playing with Cathode Follower compression (towards 100%) and harmonics (towards 1.00) almost eliminated the signal.

Is this as expected independent of Ares/Cygnus (i.e. works "as designed") or a possible side effect of your beta work in progress?

No worries, just curious.

I’m not English so my words / sentences can be wrong and not very well understood. I just want more metal demos in the end. I am happy with the sound of the 15.01 and it was a very long process to have sounds I like . Well . I just need to wait .
oh maaan, looking back from since this thread stated, this is at least the 3rd or 4th time you keep saying you have to wait and also liked (thumbed-up) people who were saying the same. And you keep doing it without bringing something new to the table. You need some kind of re-assurance, some cuddling perhaps, that what you do is fine and we like it?

Good for you! Good thinking! You're on the right track! Great! Now can you quit moaning?

Also I bet you're not the only one with a Facebook account subscribed to the Fractal related groups over there, so no reason to mud this thread with copy/paste items from other social networks. Keep it clean. Information here is useful compared to FB.

What's that thing with "if you have nothing good to say..."? but wait, that applies to me too :D

@Admins please delete if too much

@FractalAudio I noticed with a few models (can't recall which), playing with Cathode Follower compression (towards 100%) and harmonics (towards 1.00) almost eliminated the signal.

Is this as expected independent of Ares/Cygnus (i.e. works "as designed") or a possible side effect of your beta work in progress?

No worries, just curious.
Well, 100% compression would be nearly 0% signal so...

I am here for the most accurate modeling, Cliff.

I could never have or try most of the amps that we have at our disposal on Fractal products.

Can wait to try Cygnus on the FM3.

Well, 100% compression would be nearly 0% signal so...

At the risk of sounding like I'm arguing with the guru - surely that's not correct? 100% compression would be 0% dynamics, wouldn't it? The signal level is set separately and could be anything? I'd take 100% compression as being infinity ratio compression (i.e. limiting), or am I misunderstanding compression (after all these years)?

At the risk of sounding like I'm arguing with the guru - surely that's not correct? 100% compression would be 0% dynamics, wouldn't it? The signal level is set separately and could be anything? I'd take 100% compression as being infinity ratio compression (i.e. limiting), or am I misunderstanding compression (after all these years)?
It's working properly. Don't get caught up in semantics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom