Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 4 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds very good (The Edge Strat has got original a fat Duncan Singlecoil?).

Interessting that you´r using your knobs on guitar to make this sound - but it show, how good the new Firmware/Algorhythm reacts with the guitar.

It has a DiMarzio FS-1 in the bridge position. I have that guitar, very nice sounding pickup.

Holly s#*@t, some of the videos and audio examples you guys posted are really awesome. Now I'm cursing myself because I'm still on the Axe FX 2 and missing the firmware updates... If I'm caught robbing a bank I will claim Fractal Audio forced me to do it ! :)
More seriously, keep the hard work, this is continuous improvement and search for perfection.

It's amazing! I know everyone's talking about the chug, but the dynamics in this clip are incredible. That pop on the initial pick attack and how it cleans up so well at around 0:08 - 0:10 when you pick lighter :openmouth:
Yes, the dynamics control just from varying pick attack is clearly evident in this clip. Can't wait to be done moving. Painter shows up in about an hour. Movers show up @ the old place to pack on Thursday, and to load up the truck and move all our stuff on Friday. Then starts the prep for selling the old place. Hoping for a bidding war. Lots of California folks buying in that area, and paying above assesed value. If I do well on the sale, the new place could possibly be paid for by the old one. More $$$$$ to buy Fractal goodies and guitars! I can't wait to assemble the new music room in the larger of the two non-master bedrooms and be able to finally check out the new Cygnus goodies....

Before I loaded up this firmware, I tempered my expectations a bit. I've had quite a few modelers, and while the Axe III is the top of the heap, I still felt like I couldn't get the high gain sounds that I wanted to. I used to play in a metal band and used an early 5150 running full-tilt into a Mesa 4x12, and that tone was flat out brutal. I never really got along with the 5150 Block model--it just didn't hit me.

With Cygnus, it's the closest I've ever heard to my old 5150. In fact, it sounds so, so much like my 5150 did "in the room" that I think I'll end up preferring this to my old amp, as I never could get that amp mic'd up in a way that captured everything like I wanted.

Some of my old EQ tricks (running the presence on 0 so that the treble can be high without killing everyone) actually work now. And I've not plugged my 7 string in yet--just my Tele.

Welp, I made it through the long weekend at work.. I was gonna play through some favorite amps but honestly, it’ll be a wash.. I’ve slept about 8hrs since Friday so.. I may just load up the update and roll with it lol.. man it sucks working nights lol.

I’ve only had the axe III a couple of weeks and I don’t have any presets that can’t be replaced. I’ve backed it up once already.. best just to update it and do a factory reset? I wanna start from scratch while still utilizing the latest update (16.0)

Upon further listening I feel like the 5153 is not quite as saturated as I remember and I had to turn up the presence more than I would on the real thing. Still loving that chunky yet tight low end and the general grind tho!

Having SO much fun with the MKIV !

I really need to dig into the Fenders with a Strat.

Looking forward to Beta 5 as this just gets better and better and better and better.

@yek
This still seems to be resetting parameters like Output EQ in Amp Block (dont know what else).
For those of us who doesnt want any changes in terms of parameter setting in the whole amp block; would Block Library copy paste or Channel Copy paste be a solution? Is it considered a soft reset to choose a different amp then the same amp and paste the older parameters?
Any insight about this?
I dont want to create some of the presets I have from scratch. My ears are very used to them. So I can compare and make minor adjustments with the new fw.

Last edited:
This still seems to be resetting parameters like Output EQ in Amp Block (dont know what else).
For those of us who doesnt want any changes in terms of parameter setting in the whole amp block; would Block Library copy paste or Channel Copy paste be a solution? Is it considered a soft reset to choose a different amp then the same amp and paste the older parameters?
Soft-resetting an amp and then pasting all old block parameter values doesn't make sense.

This usually works well:

1. Copy the amp channel to another channel.
2. Soft-reset the amp channel.
3. Switch between the two channels and adjust the settings where desired.

Soft-resetting an amp and then pasting all old block parameter values doesn't make sense.

This usually works well:

Makes sense thank you 🥸

This usually works well:

Maybe truly silly question ,
Doing a soft reset of the amp don t affect all channels ,
The soft reset action won t affect all the channels even if you the same amp on an other channel ..??
Hope I m clear ... ;)
this tip of resetting and comparing the same amp
updated can be very useful but not so easy to understand ...
Thanks !!!’

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom