Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 4 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
May do the update today. I know it was said in the OP that some presets/amps may not sound right. Curious if any users have had the non updated amps still sounding ok? borked?

Toggling the amp to another and back gives you a soft reset , which means it updates the block to the new firmware but it doesn’t change the basic settings like BMT MV etc.. as opposed to taking a screenshot and setting the knobs back where they were, so less to do after the reset.
May be I doing something wrong, but when I switch to another amp and back BMT resets to noon...

Looking forward to a future Live Gold update!
Yes, this now starts the process for a LiveGold Cygnus update for later this spring hopefully -- gonna take "many many many" weeks though.

The math so far about 6 hours in: 7 presets done (four amp scenes each, so 28 separate sounds), so "just 300 presets X 4 scenes more to go" (as Cliff completes each model)! Hahahaha.... :p It will go faster as I grasp what needs to be done with repetition.

I'm tagging each preset with a "-c" at end of name when done to indicate Cygnus firmware version for the eventual update.

Because I usually tweak the Saturation drive values, add a little output compression for cleans, the Input EQ cut, and also (in about quarter of LiveGold presets) I change the Speaker Impedance Curve to something else or play with the values, the amp reset changes those to default, so it takes time to re-enter these manually after an amp block reset (even with the firmware 15 settings in my second Axe-Fx III on screen as a rough guide).

Finding I have to re-do levels, move the drive/gain a little bit and tweak some tone controls here and there from the prior firmware 15 setting for an amp - but it sounds freakin' glorious in terms of end results -- so far, every updated Plexi/Marshall style amp sounds even better than they did in firmware 15, and more realistic to a "real amp in the room" sound" just have others have reported. Amazing breakthrough.

I'll offer to send Cliff my Bludotone Ojai head again if he thinks he needs it for Cygnus as well.

I had a Stiletto Ace for a bit too, and returned it for a Deuce II head and 2x12 cab just to split the weight into 2 pieces. The Ace just about killed me more than once trying to lift it into my truck.
I once gigged with a Mesa Boogie Tremoverb 2-12 and that was crazy heavy, I also had an Amp 8-10.

I went digital when I was doing Guitar Tech and Backline locally. After moving in the gear for some of the bigger "stage" bands it was enough to make sure I didn't want to haul my own amps anymore lol. I have had the FX@, AX8, FM3, AX3 and Helix's. When I was playing Bass in one band and guitar in another the helix backpack, 1 FRFR power speaker and a guitar case was heaven send for practices.

I still have amps and love them but the Fractal is so much more practical (mind you the Helix might have been even more practical and it was fine but much prefer the Fractal products sound not dogging Line 6 to each their own). I have a Power station too and I can run that into a cab, for the Fractal if i need Amp in room feel, It also attenuates my amps etc... Actually I am going to use it to run a line out on my bad cat into the fractal and use the AXE as IR loader but that is neither here nor their. Point is they all have little nuances and they all are such great tools, but most the time I prefer the sound of the Fractal.

May be I doing something wrong, but when I switch to another amp and back BMT resets to noon...
I know this method leaves the Input drives (s) and Level intact from original preset as well as the Amp Boost amount, which is a great time saver and help to me when one is dealing with updating hundreds of presets to a new firmware.

I will have to take a look at that with the new Axe-edit on the updated beta firmware. I have not installed yet.
toggling amps did not change those amp settings previously.

EDIT: see Yek’s post below, this is a side effect of having authentic mode enabled.

Last edited:
That Brit 800 #34 and my Edge Strat?

I THINK this is what I had - not sure what verb settings as I didn't save the presets....
Edge Strat has a humbucker in the bridge...this is on pos 1 with the vol at about 7 and the tone down a notch.

Attachments

• 800-34.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom