Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 4 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not seeing the Mesa MKIV or the Triaxis. Do they go by other names?

I'm using Front Panel only, could that be the reason?

Everything else is sounding fantastic!!!

I don't have a JP2C. JP lent us one of his personal units for that model. I've been looking to buy one but they're out of stock everywhere.
I’ll send you my JP2C in trade for an Axe Fx IV, whenever that happens. I don’t play my JP2C anymore since I have an Axe FX 3.

ADVICE REQUEST: Have been following Cygnus with interest since Cliff’s original “you’re in for a treat” post. (Drooling!). Still mostly a “newbie”, having just got my AXE-FX III in late December (but loving it!). Not gigging and haven’t done a lot of custom presets so nothing to lose by enjoying this Beta. OBVIOUS from the forum that Cygnus is a GREAT upgrade but I can’t claim to having the most discerning set of ears. Not sure if I should spend a bunch of time playing 15.1 more (to counter my ”newbieness”) or maybe record some 15.1 sounds in Logic for later A/B or just dive into 16. How would you guys recommend I proceed so as not to waste the joy of reveling in this upgrade?

ADVICE REQUEST: Have been following Cygnus with interest since Cliff’s original “you’re in for a treat” post. (Drooling!). Still mostly a “newbie”, having just got my AXE-FX III in late December (but loving it!). Not gigging and haven’t done a lot of custom presets so nothing to lose by enjoying this Beta. OBVIOUS from the forum that Cygnus is a GREAT upgrade but I can’t claim to having the most discerning set of ears. Not sure if I should spend a bunch of time playing 15.1 more (to counter my ”newbieness”) or maybe record some 15.1 sounds in Logic for later A/B or just dive into 16. How would you guys recommend I proceed so as not to waste the joy of reveling in this upgrade?
just play the update. to me, it doesn't matter what it sounded like before. i personally don't play and think "woah in the past it sounded like that..." i just enjoy what i have in front of me in the moment.

Cygnus sounds great. i'd update and just play. comparing just takes away time from playing.

I'd just backup the presets, user cabs, and settings you have. If you don't like Cygnus, you can easily revert to 15.1 with your presets and device settings just as they are! I personally love the sounds from Cygnus, and I'm not looking back. 🤘

I've been updating every single firmware since the Axe-FX Standard. I have never been concerned about the old sound. Just update, play, and tweak when required.

Last edited:
WTF, Oley3? :p

Playing older firmware won't counter newbieness.

What's your goal? Is it to maximize playing enjoyment, or to maximize your awe at the change in firmware? If you want to maximize your joy in playing rewarding gear, load up the new firmware.

All the Diezel are the greatest in Cygnus, Absolutely brutal. The Dumble HRM is downright orgasmic. The JCM800 stock and mod are both the most musical and wonderful models; I completely love them. Just plug in to the Brit 800 or Brit 800 Mod and play with your volume and tone knob on your guitar all damn day long. What a gift these tones are. I'm just in heaven. Thank you, thank you, thank you for your dedication. I can't say it enough: there is no better guitar gear. If only guitar factories had this kind of dedication to excellence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom