Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 4 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! I've played with Fractal gear for maybe 5 years now, and this is the most profound and significant improvement I've heard yet (including even the jump from the 2 to the III). I live in low / medium gain land, and so much is sounding musical and effortless and beautiful that has been a struggle to get to sound right. Amazing work. Thank you!

Just some quick fun with a bastardized MKIV Sykes patch @2112 made a while ago.

Not reamped but same couple of chords played with same settings but one is 16b and the other is 15.02. You can not only clearly hear the difference but def feel the difference as well.

EDIT - Ugh there is some light processing in my DAW - nothing major but I should have done a direct out...

Oh snap...it's almost like the mid focus went from upper mids down to the lower ones. That's pretty f*cking fantastic. This is the exact area I'm always trying to fine tune. Damnit...it's my buddy's birthday, by the time I get home I'm going to be too sh*tfaced to realize any differences.

Another good example. This one demonstrates the "yowwww" vs. "yeeeee" very clearly. Chug, chug, yowwwww.

Definitely understand what ya mean about rocks grinding together. This is the exact area of focus that I've been battling for the last year, trying to shift that point from the upper-mids/treble down to the lower mids. It's like 1000 grit sandpaper vs 100 grit rockpaper.

Oh snap...it's almost like the mid focus went from upper mids down to the lower ones. That's pretty f*cking fantastic. This is the exact area I'm always trying to fine tune. Damnit...it's my buddy's birthday, by the time I get home I'm going to be too sh*tfaced to realize any differences.
Ya - EXACTLY !

Saw someone mention the Sonic Drive, is the Hoodoo Drive new as well or have I just missed that one in the past?

I was gonna record some more examples for you fine folks but really I just wanna play that MKIV. Really.
No sweat. What you posted definitely comes across.

I'm waiting for the finished version, but there is an improvement and it is Cygnificant as was expected.

I thought it would be another couple weeks before the beta came. I'm a bit shocked.

Using DI tracks, I reamped one of my band's song through the Axe-Fx III, with this beta firmware. The amp model I use, USA MKIIC++, has not yet been updated in that firmware, but I can already hear and feel the chug :D
Song : "Priceless innocence", by Feedback, originally released in 1991, and re-recorded for Feedback's second album, "A moment of transition" (2009). This video has only some parts of the song ; for the full version, with Axe-Fx III firmware 15.01, watch this :

The drums sounds could be much better but I lost all the plugins I used in the original recording from 2009 and I didn't bother processing it again

The AC20 sounds utterly amazing, good lord, I only meant to try it for 5 mins and ended up noodling for an hour. Not even tried chugga chugga amps yet.

Agreed. I only had time after tonight’s rehearsal (with the FM3) to update the Axe FX III and try out my most used AC20 preset. Out - freaking - standing 😱😱

Just damn! This update absolutely deserves a full number upgrade (perhaps two actually). I couldn't actually believe how it resonated in my chest. I know I've read others reporting it having more of the AITR, but this is so far beyond what I thought I might experience. Damn good Mr. Chase! @FractalAudio

Loaded! I took my fav preset (Marshall JVM) and since that amp hasn't been done yet, subbed with an 800 Modded, plugged in my EMG'd USA Jackson Warrior and just pounded away for an hour.

I am in total fucking awe!!

So the 1st thing I noticed, was an AMP in the room like presence...which I have never heard before in an Axe. It felt like a real stack...crazy...coming from my wall-mounted HS8's w sub.

Now, as far as overall sound...the closest I have ever heard to a full stack with a 100 watt Marshall head. I just couldn't stop playing...lol...and now my ears hurt ;)

The CHUG is now very real...pounds my guts like it's supposed to, wow!

I don't need an A/B comparison...it's pretty obvious when you crank it up - what is new...and that was only on one amp, but I get it now...

I don't believe anyone who knows their Axe, won't notice all the changes...I just don't know how this can even be improved.

I'm thinking it sounds even more lifelike than the actual stack...if that's even possible...

Using DI tracks, I reamped one of my band's song through the Axe-Fx III, with this beta firmware. The amp model I use, USA MKIIC++, has not yet been updated in that firmware, but I can already hear and feel the chug :D
Song : "Priceless innocence", by Feedback, originally released in 1991, and re-recorded for Feedback's second album, "A moment of transition" (2009). This video has only some parts of the song ; for the full version, with Axe-Fx III firmware 15.01, watch this :

The drums sounds could be much better but I lost all the plugins I used in the original recording from 2009 and I didn't bother processing it again

The cats were priceless though...;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom