Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 4 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy crap. The sounds coming out of my speakers are like nothing I've heard from a modeller. Crap now I have to return my Ox and I just bought it. Well, Cliff I suppose I should thank you because you just saved me about $1300.

First blast with the AC-20 EF86 Treble. Wow. Love it.

Went checking the Drives for Nobels ODR-1. Didn't find it.
Did find a Sonic Drive. Don't remember that being there before!
Good eye. Sonic Drive isn’t in the Wiki, so I imagine it was either renamed or added with Cygnus. Cool!

Edit - I’m guessing this is based on a Maxon Sonic Distortion?

I love this update. I feels smooth, natural and powerful. It's so responsive too. Maybe it's just me, but it's not as noisy either.

Of course this is when I'm in an RV heading to Orlando with the family . . . . sigh.

The Vibro-King is my #1 anyway . . . at least that what I'll say to keep myself from exploding.

Fiddled with it some more. For anyone who wants to immediately see a difference, I highly recommend the Solo Lead 100 or the Herbie 2+. Turn up the depth a little and get some volume going if you can.

Playing through my PS2, what I notice is a tubey grittiness that wasn't there before along with punch and chug that hits you in the chest. I never really understood why people were so fond of the real SLO after trying the pre-Cygnus versions of that model a few times, but now I can see the light. It's chonky and cutting in all the right ways now.

This definitely isn't your hi-fi firmware of yore.

I don't have words for this. I may have to invent my own language to describe what I'm hearing. The Mark IV (the amp I use most) is utterly unbelievable. OMG! Legit OMG! I use a solid state power amp and a Mesa Boogie 2X12 cab and everything is shaking like never before. @FractalAudio (Cliff), this is incredible work. I haven't even explored the others just yet but I also use the MK50 II. Can't wait to give that one a whirl. If only I could step away from the Mark IV.

Sup? ;-)
HOLY HERBIE SHITBALLS!!!!!!
I hardly mess with this one as the Savage is my main chug ( and it is not done yet) and I could just never quite get it like I would want,,,BUT DAMN!!! Just DAMN...no boost, no pedals,,just a tweak here and there.....and I've been playing this for 2hrs.... Fuckin A Cliff

MOSHON
DAVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom