Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 4 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Diezel Herbie Ch3…please tell me I’m not hearing an audio placebo.

i need to power up my 15.01 Mark I III (just haven’t gotten around to selling it yet) and do a real comparison with my beta 16 Mark II III.
I actually did that before I updated, I just recorded an easy riff, then updated, then recorded the same 4/4 chug, it was just the stock settings on both, the Cygnus was quieter, but the low end blossomed, and then once I tweaked the knobs, holy smokes, never heard the axe 3 sound so good

First day in two weeks that I go out to do some shopping and BOOM, the C bomb drops. Too bad I'm still two or three weeks left away from my AFXIII, buuuut I have my FM3 with me to keep me chugging tho... (wink, wink).

Holy Dirty Shirly! (and many more) The amps never felt so good. Its the most musical the box has been imo. Can't stop playing inspiringly.. Amazing work Cliff! Thank you!

I for one will refrain. I will look at the link with lust then pull out my whip and self flagelate. I'll do this so I can feel I've withstood temptation while the rest of you chuckleheads have gorged on self-gratification. Go ahead, feel that chug. I'll hail Mary for you. *mutters something in Latin.

This update is bonkers for my 5150 brethren. The change in the distortion texture really comes through in the high end especially, it has the scratchy crispness of a real tube amp, and much more of a 3D "moving air" feel overall when it's cranked a bit. There's a familiar organic feel to the tone as well that I usually only get with my real amp, where all the little various noises and dynamics come through, so I suppose the "raw" description was dead on.

Outstanding work, completely lived up to the hype, in my opinion.

🥇 Digging it so far. Goto preset pulled back amp drives a bit and up the volume a touch, and I'm where I was, but with more oomph. Worth the wait. You can always go back if you backed up properly.

Well I believe I'll enable my chucklehead mode later tonight and dive in!

I'm surprised nobody posted the release notes yet. Are there none?

I feel like Drive pedals are sounding better into the amp models I've tried too.

Could be confirmation bias, or just my imagination, but it feels like there is more synergy between the two than I heard before.
Very Real Tube Amp Feel with FRFR. Played about an hour at LOUD level. The interaction with the speakers 'feels' different/real. The drive pedals smooth out the grit like the real deal.

Reactions: ESW
My very quick impression from noodling on the BE and Smallbox through a Fryette PS2 and Friedman BE 4x12, it seems to now have that greasy / filmy top end that my real BE-50 has on the BE/HBE channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom