Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 4 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm about two weeks out. The two most important models for me - Super Reverb and Bogner XTC - are in the second group (ported but untested), so by then....maybe....?

Judging from the warnings in the announcement, it sounds like I would be having to re-build all of my sounds with the upgrade - no point in doing all that work twice.
You're right. No point in having an Axe-Fx to play and experiment and learn with if you'll only have to build presets after the final release... which you'll have to do anyway. ;)

Last edited:
Is there any information on the "new" Friedman BE-100 models?

I notice my old preset using the HBE 2018 model is now "HBE V1 FAT" and as expected sounds significantly different.

Noticing the negative feedback settings on all the BE100 models in Cygnus are set 4.7, has the previous Ares 2018 BE100 with Cygnus improvments models now replaced the original Marsha and the Mark Day models?

Or to put it another way, are the BE100 models in Cygnus now all of the later spec 2018 BE100 with the various voice, FAT and C45 switches?

EDIT: PS these sound amazing!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-02-19 230340.png
    Screenshot 2021-02-19 230340.png
    10 KB · Views: 59
Is there any information on the "new" Friedman BE-100 models?

I notice my old preset using the HBE 2018 model is now "HBE V1 FAT" and as expected sounds significantly different.

Noticing the negative feedback settings on all the BE100 models in Cygnus are set 4.7, has the previous Ares 2018 BE100 with Cygnus improvments models now replaced the original Marsha and the Mark Day models?

Or to put it another way, are the BE100 models in Cygnus now all of the later spec 2018 BE100 with the various voice, FAT and C45 switches?
All the Friedman models are now based on the latest amp. Our reference amp was made in 2018 and has the feedback off the 4-ohm tap.

You're right. No point in having an Axe-Fx to play and experiment and learn with if you'll only have to build presets after the final release... which you'll have to di anyway. ;)
Time is my enemy.

Honestly, I won't have any time to fool with a new toy until after next weekend anyway, when my current show series wraps up. My next booking isn't until early May, so I have a few weeks of downtime to sort everything out and swap out the rig.

I notice the difference around the 125K-ish range. I guess that's where the chug is, isn't it? I have some 125k dialed down on my GEQ block. When I disengage the block the 125K frequency isn't unwanted in my main two presets. My 2cents: If you have an EQ block, turn it off to find 'your chug', then re-dial if needed. I don't think it's needed. The low end turned into a 'goodness'. The high end doesn't seem to be affected much except that the gain from my OD (tube scream block) is more delightful. It sings even more. Kinda reminds me of my old Marshall that's been played for about 3 hours and the tubes are hot!!

I notice the difference around the 125K-ish range. I guess that's where the chug is, isn't it? I have some 125k dialed down on my GEQ block. When I disengage the block the 125K frequency isn't unwanted in my main two presets. My 2cents: If you have an EQ block, turn it off to find 'your chug', then re-dial if needed. I don't think it's needed. The low end turned into a 'goodness'. The high end doesn't seem to be affected much except that the gain from my OD (tube scream block) is more delightful. It sings even more. Kinda reminds me of my old Marshall that's been played for about 3 hours and the tubes are hot!!

I feel like Drive pedals are sounding better into the amp models I've tried too.

Could be confirmation bias, or just my imagination, but it feels like there is more synergy between the two than I heard before.

All the Friedman models are now based on the latest amp. Our reference amp was made in 2018 and has the feedback off the 4-ohm tap.

Thanks Cliff, that's what I thought.

Fine by me I prefered the 2018 and used it as my main model as it's almost identical/much closer to my own modded Marshall running 47k off the 4 ohm tap, not sure sure what others will think losing the older models though!

Okay so before I blow my eardrums, let's take a break to write first thoughts...

I FEEL LIKE I'M PLAYING AND LISTENING TO A TUBE AMP. 😍
So much clarity, thump and of course chug... I notice a huge difference on both clean and distorted sounds.
The amount of dynamics you can achieve with your fingers/pick is ridiculous and then there's the volume knob! 😵

Cliff and Fractal Audio, amazing job (as always) this took the best modeller to a whole new level.

I notice some crackling on the Deluxe Reverb, but I'm guessing that's probably what the amp does and not a bug...

I’m not sure I can detect any difference at 125k! I don’t have the ears of a bat. 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom