Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 4 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Overkill, with their best lineup. :grinning:

1167118_1_orig.jpg
Alleyways were very scary in the 1980s

Just updated to beta. Was late to the show.

Just had an instant flashback from using tube amps. Solos seem more soaring and individual notes dont seem like they're fighting each other as much. Didnt realize it because I havent touched my Triaxis/Simul 2:90 in about 8 years. One really, REALLY cool thing that brought back memories that is now back...

...I cant find that rattling peice of paper that sounds like tissue paper being buzzed somewhere in this room when I play.

Amp in the room is back for me with this beta.

What a truly fuller bodied sound...

I had this beta installed for a while. Sounds great but my presets needed to be re-dialed in so I went back to FW15 and my former presets. The beta does sound great but I don't feel the need to go thru all the work to update. First time ever I didn't jump at the chance to advance, although I know at some point I will. I guess mine isn't with the general consensus but oh well. If it sounds good, it is good.

I had this beta installed for a while. Sounds great but my presets needed to be re-dialed in so I went back to FW15 and my former presets. The beta does sound great but I don't feel the need to go thru all the work to update. First time ever I didn't jump at the chance to advance, although I know at some point I will. I guess mine isn't with the general consensus but oh well. If it sounds good, it is good.
Oh, we totally get it. If I had gigging presets all dialed in and was actively using them? I would be happy as can be on 15. Heck, i was happy on my AX8 for so long, I would prob be able to grab one, load my old Police presets, and be ready to gig happy as a clam!

But, since I am not gigging and have had nothing but time for months, it's exciting to play with the beta and re-tune (and re-discover!) some amps and sounds. It's such an amazing processor.

This is where having some kind of profiling/capturing thing could be cool. You could have snapshots of your old sounds and if you feel like updating that amp model you could do it when u have time. My guess is this would be easier to support then allowing old model algorithms to run in new firmware updates

Ditto. I'll likely update once the final release drops. Have other things higher on the priority list ATM. Besides, 15.01 still sounds as stellar as it did before Cygnus. :p

This is where having some kind of profiling/capturing thing could be cool. You could have snapshots of your old sounds and if you feel like updating that amp model you could do it when u have time. My guess is this would be easier to support then allowing old model algorithms to run in new firmware updates

So a tone match?

So a tone match?
So my limited understanding of a tone match is it is more of like a filter match and for example here you would need to access the model in both FW16 and 15 at the same time and then the tone match would exist as kind of a delta that must be added to model 16 to get you close to model 15. Then when 17 came out that tone match setting would no longer work since it is in reference to the 16 model. Whereas with profiling or capturing it is a lot closer to sampling the model so that sound should exist independent of any model and forever as long as the capturing algorithm stays the same or supports the older captures.

Ideally I could see something like a Freeze function in a DAW where before you upgrade firmwares you run the freeze function which would capture all of your amp model blocks in your user presets and temporarily replace them with a capture of the model at those settings. Then you would decide to unfreeze and access the new model or maybe keep it frozen in time forever if that's a sound you really like or was used on album, etc.

Ditto. I'll likely update once the final release drops. Have other things higher on the priority list ATM. Besides, 15.01 still sounds as stellar as it did before Cygnus. :p
As good as the beta is, when I switched back to FW15, I'm not missing anything. It's a great version and I'm going to enjoy it a while longer

I'm a relative newbie to fractal products i was wondering if anyone would have a suggestion on the amp type used to make this tone. I'm guessing a friedman but the models have changed since this video was made. Any amp/drive suggestions would be great. TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom