• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 4 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex

Legend!
Forgive my ignorance, I’m old ("get off my grass old," actually time period wise more like “get off my Eocene [Cenozoic Era] grass”) but what or why is this FW, or thread, titled “Cygnus?”

BTW I don't see Gibton/Gibson Scout in either verified or unverified list (yea I know nag, nag, nag) - 😄
Why are you called "Larry?" Because someone gave you that name. Why is Cygnus called "Cygnus?" Same reason. :)

Holyoli

Experienced
Larry Kehl said:
Forgive my ignorance, I’m old ("get off my grass old," actually time period wise more like “get off my Eocene [Cenozoic Era] grass”) but what or why is this FW, or thread, titled “Cygnus?”

BTW I don't see Gibton/Gibson Scout in either verified or unverified list (yea I know nag, nag, nag) - 😄

Why are you called "Larry?" Because someone gave you that name. Why is Cygnus called "Cygnus?" Same reason. :)

It has been mentioned in another thread : in the greek mythology, Cygnus (Cycnos) was the son of Ares

flash6

The HBE...

I fooled around with this model in previous firmwares. It never really knocked me over. But I revisited it today on Cygnus. WOW. AMAZING. I'm hooked.

I never played the real amp. No idea if the model is true to it or not. And I don't care. I just lost the evening playing this thing.

FWIW, not much deep editing here. Gain 2.3, Bass 4, Mid 6, Treble 6, and Negative Feedback 3. IR is @York Audio FDMN. A little medium hall reverb...That's it.

Bruce Sokolovic

Experienced
The HBE...

I fooled around with this model in previous firmwares. It never really knocked me over. But I revisited it today on Cygnus. WOW. AMAZING. I'm hooked.

I never played the real amp. No idea if the model is true to it or not. And I don't care. I just lost the evening playing this thing.

FWIW, not much deep editing here. Gain 2.3, Bass 4, Mid 6, Treble 6, and Negative Feedback 3. IR is @York Audio FDMN. A little medium hall reverb...That's it.
It seems always easier to dial in the amp to the model in general. My BE100 does sound like the model.

SteveW

Inspired
I created a few presets using the 50 Watt Plexi and Plexi Jump...and with my Gibson Les Paul Custom, with the 498t pickup, the presets bite hard and gut punch!

I have been trying for years, to get the old Page violin type tone, from Led Zeppelin 2...and today, I got to that exact sound using the Plexi and the 4 x 12 Greenback cabs. I was never able to get that tone, until this update.

I am in awe.

Now, if only I could play like him - LMFAO

unix-guy

Legend!
Possible issue - haven't played with the Princeton AA964 in a while, but it seems very low volume...

I was using the 5F2 variant right before and there is a drastic different between them.

I never noticed it before... Just wanted to share in case there's something up with the model.

Vio

Inspired
"Everyone in front of the mirror before we wrap up!"
I realized that hearing those notes made me make similar faces. You should have a hidden camera to see the face of the people watching your videos :D . When you love what you're doing you're doing it best! Keep it coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom