Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 4 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not sure I can detect any difference at 125k! I don’t have the ears of a bat. 😉
LOL...Is 125K not an audible frequency? I don't know about these things....I'm a learnin'. I guess the low end I dialed out previously, is now dialed back in because something good happened.

Beyond stoked. Will probably wait till Matchless gets an update, since 99% of my patches use it. Thanks Cliff and team!

If you have the luxury of owning a III and a FM3, or two IIIs, do a comparison for yourself.

For example, select the CCV 2B on both devices, stock settings and the same cab IR, and note the difference in thump / chug.
Compare the difference in attack of the Tucana Lead where the new version sounds more natural.
Try the AC20 EF86, just because it's so good.
Blow your mind with downtuned FAS Brootalz.
Compare the stock Brit 800 and hear the difference in dynamics and realism.
And select a Fender and hear more amp-in-the-room as before.

To some, the changes may sound minor in the beginning, especially when you can't compare old and new directly. But the improvements are there, even if it may take some time to recognize them.
I have this luxury, I have a III Mark II and a FM3. I will do this comparison by myself!
Thanks for this suggestion!

Diezel Herbie Ch3…please tell me I’m not hearing an audio placebo.

i need to power up my 15.01 Mark I III (just haven’t gotten around to selling it yet) and do a real comparison with my beta 16 Mark II III.

So far I've tried some of the tested/verified Fender models . . . very, very tasty. The Blackface Twin and 59 Bassman in particular sound very good to my ear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom