Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 4 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
@boyce89976 Hope you didn't do what I did at first. I loaded the new 16.00b onto my Mk1 and shifted the FC and speaker cables over, and no sound. Nothing. Doh, forgot to move the guitar cable over to the Mk1. Anyways, hope your's is a simple resolve like mine. Cheers,
Lee

@boyce89976 Hope you didn't do what I did at first. I loaded the new 16.00b onto my Mk1 and shifted the FC and speaker cables over, and no sound. Nothing. Doh, forgot to move the guitar cable over to the Mk1. Anyways, hope your's is a simple resolve like mine. Cheers,
Lee

oh I definitely did the same thing !!!!

Lee
Haha, sounds like something I would do! But, no. I wish that was it. I'm getting sound from the XLR outs, but nothing from the USB out directly into Logic.

I recorded some stuff with 15.01 right before updating to Cygnus. Once Cygnus was loaded I had no more USB audio.

Last edited:
Another good example. This one demonstrates the "yowwww" vs. "yeeeee" very clearly. Chug, chug, yowwwww.
That's a fantastic way of putting it.

Cygnus feels like there's more note, like the fundamental tone of the guitar isn't being just washed away with distortion. It's more present and up front in the sound.

This is the first firmware where I'm turning off the input boost / drive because the raw amp models sound so good. And my god the thump.... hnnnnnghhh

Was there a write up anywhere on why this Firmware Update would be vastly better differen than say Quantum, Ares, etc... What were the Major Changes?

Just some quick fun with a bastardized MKIV Sykes patch @2112 made a while ago.

Not reamped but same couple of chords played with same settings but one is 16b and the other is 15.02. You can not only clearly hear the difference but def feel the difference as well.

EDIT - Ugh there is some light processing in my DAW - nothing major but I should have done a direct out...

YES ! The chewy growl is definitely MUCH DEFINED!! The feel as well!!

Reminds me when I first plugged into my new Simul Mk III in 86'!!! ...2 EV 2x12!!

Kind of you to let people try it out rather than keep teasing forever. I think I'll wait until this one is a bit more baked. 15.01 is great enough that I'm not in a huge rush to move to something less stable and complete. Very excited for it though! Keep the clips coming people.

Great update, thanks Fractal! Love the Plexi 50 and the ODS clean.

Was the Plexi 100 1970 updated with new values?

Haha, sounds like something I would do! But, no. I wish that was it. I'm getting sound from the XLR outs, but nothing from the USB out directly into Logic.

I recorded some stuff with 15.01 right before updating to Cygnus. Once Cygnus was loaded I had no more USB audio.
Did you try unplugging the USB cable and plugging it back in ?

Ok spent a few hours with it. It does sound fantastic. My only negative observation is there is now a certain commonality between the models that previously didn’t exist. In other words, the special sauce has a sound. I’m not even sure this is negative, but it just is. It’s definitely another step in the right direction. Love the new splash screen too.

I've never posted in this forum before, but I am a big fan of this update already. I just updated FW and quickly put a metal zone distortion on a mesa mk IV amp/cab w/ delay. Impressions: It seems there was an adjustment to either how input impedance is measured or implemented across the sound. . . my pickups seems to be much more responsive and my pickups actually sound alive. I've never been able to get this sound without boosting the input trim up to 10 on the amp page which caused horrible extra noise (also using stock PRS custom 22 PUs) . The amp also seems to be feedbacking pleasantly with itself when boosted... a really cool sound and nothing I've noticed before with the axe II or III. I've only played with one amp b/c I don't want to change to another lead tone. Nailed it Fractal. . .good work from KS USA.

I see these on the list but they don't show up in my amps

JCM800
JCM800 #34

I have
Brit 800
Brit 800 #34

I'm wondering if that's a typo or I missed something
I really like the Brit 800 #34 amp actually

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom