Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 12 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Release Candidate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another way to EQ the Reverb is to adjust the Low/High Freq Times. The reverb is essentially three bands. Time sets the RT60 (decay time) of the mid band. Low/High Freq Times adjust the decay times of the Low and High bands, respectively, relative to the mid band.
Good info. I've been using the Low and High times to bring more life into the verb. They are very powerful tone character shaping tools, especially when you're using the reverb block before the amp block. A lightly distorted reverb can really bring life to an almost clean tone.

Is there a way to adjust the crossover points?

I can't play like Carlos, I don't sound like Carlos, but I love this song!
Cygnus 16b12
Europa
Nicely done! I'd love to play like Carlos, but alas, I can't either. ;) Love the feel and emotion in your playing.

Did I perceive the sound of a footswitch near the frontend of one of the first long held notes, perhaps engaging something specific to prevent the sustain from decaying? If so, it worked brilliantly.

Cheers,
Lee

Ok, if Crossover Frequency applies to Low and High Decay time, how is the "mid band" frequency range that Cliff spoke about determined?
I’m guessing the decay times determine the “Q” of the crossover frequency.

Did I perceive the sound of a footswitch near the frontend of one of the first long held notes, perhaps engaging something specific to prevent the sustain from decaying?
That was a late scene change. Carlos is such a dynamic player. Honestly, it's hard for me to play the notes, coordinate the volume changes, effects changes, dynamics of playing, etc. There's a lot of things I need to work on. It's a never ending journey, right?

Must say that with the 5153 and all the high gain I experienced some sounds that are phaser like, without that I insert a phaser block.
Totally weird thing.
I will post a preset soon
If you have the gain super high and didn't increase the power tube bias then you're probably hearing crossover distortion.
I gotta say I have the real 5153 behind me and cold biased sounds absolutely horrid. It even says so in the manual.

Another way to EQ the Reverb is to adjust the Low/High Freq Times. The reverb is essentially three bands. Time sets the RT60 (decay time) of the mid band. Low/High Freq Times adjust the decay times of the Low and High bands, respectively, relative to the mid band.
Had no idea this was a thing — and an extremely useful one it is. Thanks, Cliff!

I thought some of all of the algos were meant to be based on the lexicon stuff? If so that is how their algos work.

I'm new to using the send and return blocks so I don't know if it's supposed to be this way but....when you add a return block the return level is set to 0. I spent a bit of time searching for what I had done wrong before discovering this ridiculously simple answer. I'm not sure if anyone would want the default return level to start at 0. My guess this is just a one that will be addressed in the next firmware. Of course everything sounds fab.

I'm new to using the send and return blocks so I don't know if it's supposed to be this way but....when you add a return block the return level is set to 0. I spent a bit of time searching for what I had done wrong before discovering this ridiculously simple answer. I'm not sure if anyone would want the default return level to start at 0. My guess this is just a one that will be addressed in the next firmware. Of course everything sounds fab.
That’s normal and has been normal for a long time. It’s probably best this way, as it gives the user more control over when and how much of the signal is passed from a send to a return.

It’s like that so there isn’t potential feedback from a misplaced return block.

This probably helps avoid people inadvertently creating feedback loops that could damage hearing/speakers/sanity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom