Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 12 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Release Candidate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know as fractal audio don't said a single word about bass amps , I play bass in 3 bands (even if I am guitarist in my main band) and I know we are not considered. we stink, we are the one who disturb your stomach live...etc etc :D

But without bass ...all your records suck mannnnn :grinning:

the adb200 seems to be my favorite in latest beta, cygnus or not

Is the cygnus a general amp response improvement or more focused in the power amp section? If the second the pre amp type amps will be more or less the same? Thanks
Cant wait for the fm3

Don't know as fractal audio don't said a single word about bass amps , I play bass in 3 bands (even if I am guitarist in my main band) and I know we are not considered. we stink, we are the one who disturb your stomach live...etc etc :D

But without bass ...all your records suck mannnnn :grinning:

the adb200 seems to be my favorite in latest beta, cygnus or not

I'm digging Southbound Pachyderm. Sounding great!

You could always add some crappie, altho I don't know what either might do to the vinyl. ;)

Altho I don't use them, it's nice that the Axe-FX III Cygnus beta has updated Bass patches included...
I don’t understand your message . You are talking about the bass cut we need to do for the mastering to press vinyls ? The bass still there in most of the records and even more present back in the days where all were analog, because guitars where not as big as nowadays.
If you remove the bass on the black album for ex ... you remove a lot .

@My name is mud
I seem to recall somewhere that the effect of Cygnus was most heard with hi gain amps, and bass amps usually aren't hi-gain monsters

I myself am more of an edge of breakup type player but since Cygnus, I can't stop chugging.....the urge is too great and I can't stop......chugging!!!

I don’t understand your message . You are talking about the bass cut we need to do for the mastering to press vinyls ? The bass still there in most of the records and even more present back in the days where all were analog, because guitars where not as big as nowadays.
If you remove the bass on the black album for ex ... you remove a lot .
The record itself has little bass thanks to the RIAA curve & needs to be that way or your record would either skip all over the place or be much shorter because low frequencies require much wider & deeper grooves. Here'a a good article from a vinyl pressing plant that explains how to prepare audio for vinyl pressing & why.
https://www.furnacemfg.com/vinyl-record-audio-preparation/

(yes I know how the mastering for a vinyl works as I have done 25 albums already 😑)

The first thing that really change with Cygnus for me was the clean and crunch sound, this was the first impressive thing . Concerning the high gain ... I was hoping more “chug” as this word comes 100 times before the release. For me it’s more a big improvements for light sounds . The big dist are dirtier but don’t have more ohmff
Could have fooled me LOL! I'm mainly a bass player & worked for over 11 years at a vinyl pressing plant. So what!

Also, there are quite a few amps I could never get along with before and with Cygnus they sound GREAT!! All the mesas and engls now are really popping and I could never seem to gel with the mesas....the triaxes as well.....and they are so much fun now! Also amps like the triptik, conford, bogners, the CCVs and CAs are SOOOOOOOOO much fun to play! These are all amps I always liked in real life but NEVER got with them in the axe and they are all fantastic now!

In fact “so what?” . He was joking that we need to remove the bass as he probably know that I collect vinyls, but removing some bass frequencies for the mastering don’t remove the bass part himself hm 😅. With luck .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom