Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 12 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Release Candidate

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just played around with the Rockerverb model. I had the MKI version and I do not remember it being this tame. With Input Drive at 5, it's only delivering a mild, slightly above edge of breakup overdrive. The real amp was spitting fire with gain around noon. The only difference between the MK I and MK II is the powersection, so the preamp should be the same.

I compared it to the Recto Orange and Red channels: Those have much more gain than the current Rockerverb model.
Yup, there's a bug in the Rockerverb. It depends on what amp you were using before so it was really hard to find. If you were using certain amp models before switching to the RV then the gain will be off.

The Buttery model was REPLACED by a Budda Twinmaster model. Totally different model.
Did the old Buttery get moved to a 'FAS Buttery' or similar? I haven't loaded any of the Cygnus stuff, yet. I understand progress and all, and am glad to have a new model based on the real deal, but the Buttery has been a long time favorite, so would love to see it still around. It's a keeper, IMHO and a fine original effort on your part, Cliff! :)

Did the old Buttery get moved to a 'FAS Buttery' or similar? I haven't loaded any of the Cygnus stuff, yet. I understand progress and all, and am glad to have a new model based on the real deal, but the Buttery has been a long time favorite, so would love to see it still around. It's a keeper, IMHO and a fine original effort on your part, Cliff! :)
I think like me you will have to get used to it! I loved Tweed as it was and after it was Jumped I can't get my tone anymore!

We've been doing some research into using Neural Networks for modeling. We tested LSTM and Wavenet. They're far from perfect. Wavenet is the better of the two but suffers from high end accuracy issues. This is consistent with what I've heard from the QC. The high end is grainy and harsh.

The technology holds promise but it's hardly perfect. I'm still of the opinion that our white box approach is superior at this time. It's just not as sexy because it doesn't use the latest technology buzzwords.

I have some ideas on how to improve the technology that we're going to look in to.

I would think that IRs would be a great place to apply neural networks / ML. Convolution networks are really good at this sort of thing.

what cabs did you use for this as they come up blank on mine when i load this preset?
Cab channel A should have them Factory 2 ML 562 panned -50/561 50/565 -50/566 50 the screen shot I just change to try it out but the cab info is there

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-04-15 at 4.20.17 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-15 at 4.20.17 PM.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 21
Thank you for your help! The grid bias seems to be the culprit in making things sound darker. I just tested a couple real amps with their counterpart models and had to drop the grid bias to get them to open up more in the top end like my real heads. Maybe the models are now programmed with slightly hotter bias defaults and that’s why they’re perceived to be a bit darker in the top end.
I messed around with the Negative Feedback on some of mine and it went back to where it started with the update but then I ended up leaving it there or just down from it.

So the Friedmans got reworked...so then it's no placebo and no bug and everything works as intended. They sound great. Maybe I tweak the BE V1 again into beastmode but it seems HBE V1 already starts as that beast with it's default values.

i actually much prefer the second clip its brighter and tighter the first one had a bit more fuzziness to it
but if you want that sound back probably turning up the Bass or Depth would do it
Will try... have to say that my main amp in the axe changed so much over updates (when I got it, with the latest ares, with the first Cygnus betas and now).. And I reaaaaly loved the feel of the be v1fat in the 11!!! But missed my be c45 from ares too... I’m a bit overwhelmed 😛 🤪

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom