Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 12 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Release Candidate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sup? :)

OK,,The Herbie Ch3 is just sick chunkin weighty tightness. just 1 left and right track,and Sorry this is not as tight as I would like it to be( even being a solo split personality guitarist) I got stung by a red wasp on my fretting hand( pic is actually reversed) and I'm like super miserably puffed up but had to give this a go....lol anyway the drum/click kicks in halfway just because :) I cant wait till my hand de-swells and I can give this a proper run through. Kicking ass cliff!

MOSHON
DAVE
View attachment 81691View attachment 81692

Good lord this sounds great. What guitar are you using?

Sup? :)

OK,,The Herbie Ch3 is just sick chunkin weighty tightness. just 1 left and right track,and Sorry this is not as tight as I would like it to be( even being a solo split personality guitarist) I got stung by a red wasp on my fretting hand( pic is actually reversed) and I'm like super miserably puffed up but had to give this a go....lol anyway the drum/click kicks in halfway just because :) I cant wait till my hand de-swells and I can give this a proper run through. Kicking ass cliff!

MOSHON
DAVE
View attachment 81691View attachment 81692

so are we back to the “tone is in the hands” discussion?

what kind of wasp was that? Do you prefer the sting to be near the thumb or closer to pinky? Jk... hope the swelling is better. Great tone. Can’t wait for fm3 to be Cygnusfyied

Figures; I had a feeling yesterday the update was going to come. I was doing some amp comparisons by re-amping some DI’s on a song I’m working on and kept checking the forum every 15 minutes. 8pm rolls around and I figured I should start dinner and never returned to the studio. :D

Though I woke up with a splitting headache today and I’m not seeing anything overly important pop up on my work calendar, so this may be an early day for me!

Also funny that some of us were just talking about the Legacy III in another thread yesterday. Really stoked to try out that third channel! I commented yesterday that it seemed from the demos of it that they’d gotten rid of some of the cardboard sound that was in all the Legacy’s.

I’ve been using this whole Cygnus thing as a reason to hold off from recording the final tracks on my album, now that it’s pretty much done, I can stop using bad excuses to not record.

Is it possible in the future, i drawn a schematic, and upload it to the axeFX? (schematic level modelling?)

Unfortunately, I think a lot of the art of what Cliff does is in taking the schematic and knowing which parts can be simplified down into an algorithm that can run in real time. So it's not just plugging in a schematic, it's measuring certain parts where the entire circuit can be replaced with a specific filter that does the same job but runs in real time. There's also a number of details which have to be measured and aren't on the schematic, which is why Cliff always needs a real amp to make a model too.

played a few minutes but have to head off to work. 1st impression - things are less raw and tamed down compared to previous beta's, without any preset adjustments. will have another go at it tonight when I can tweak some settings.

Yeah, Buttery was a legacy model from the first Axe-Fx. I bought a Budda Twinmaster, pulled it apart and traced the circuit since I couldn't find a schematic for it anywhere.

Funky amp. Paraphase phase inverter. Weird Bridge-T sorta tone stack. I'm convinced the feedback is connected to the wrong node but I quadruple-checked and my schematic is definitely correct. I think it was probably a mistake but then they said "Hmmm, but it sounds good so don't fix it".
Hi Cliff, is there any equipment that you are looking for and of which no shematic can be found, i'm happy to help if i can (if i have it in my arsenal ;-))

Last edited:
Awesome, I was at the studio last night when it dropped. I'm about to install it later this morning. Next practice is Friday, I'm definitely looking forward to cranking it up with the fellas.

I did try to keep up reading about the betas and now I made the jump and installed this update. Can anyone tell me where the Cygnus magic happens? Which settings do you tweak to make cygnus come to life? Just installing it made no audible difference to my ears.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom