• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 12 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Release Candidate

Status
Not open for further replies.

notalemming

Fractal Fanatic
(yes I know how the mastering for a vinyl works as I have done 25 albums already 😑)

The first thing that really change with Cygnus for me was the clean and crunch sound, this was the first impressive thing . Concerning the high gain ... I was hoping more “chug” as this word comes 100 times before the release. For me it’s more a big improvements for light sounds . The big dist are dirtier but don’t have more ohmff
Could have fooled me LOL! I'm mainly a bass player & worked for over 11 years at a vinyl pressing plant. So what!

jon

Fractal Fanatic
Also, there are quite a few amps I could never get along with before and with Cygnus they sound GREAT!! All the mesas and engls now are really popping and I could never seem to gel with the mesas....the triaxes as well.....and they are so much fun now! Also amps like the triptik, conford, bogners, the CCVs and CAs are SOOOOOOOOO much fun to play! These are all amps I always liked in real life but NEVER got with them in the axe and they are all fantastic now!

My name is mud

Power User
In fact “so what?” . He was joking that we need to remove the bass as he probably know that I collect vinyls, but removing some bass frequencies for the mastering don’t remove the bass part himself hm 😅. With luck .

FarleyUK

Inspired
Can someone clarify something for me please...?

if I want to retain the existing amp settings from 15.1 when updating to Cygnus, what’s the best way to do this? Is it just take a note of them, right click the amp and reset it, and then set them to the values written down...?

johnnypig

Inspired
Can someone clarify something for me please...?

if I want to retain the existing amp settings from 15.1 when updating to Cygnus, what’s the best way to do this? Is it just take a note of them, right click the amp and reset it, and then set them to the values written down...?
The only way is to use FW15. The amps have all been entirely redone. Or do you mean specific advanced settings that may or may not have been carried over to the new algorithms?

FractalAudio

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
They're all on 10 which is probably why it flew under the radar. Channel B has the JTM45 which has about 2db of dynamics. Going from D 50w Jumped to B is the most extreme, it's only 2db lol. Still it was making me think I was going deaf.
Uses York's 5153.
What am I supposed to be hearing? Preset is working fine.

johnnypig

Inspired
Hah it's not doing it now that I am recording. If I close Reaper and just monitor spdif through the Apollo mixer it does it, repeatedly...
Not sure what is a good screen recorder app for windows at the moment.

johnnypig

Inspired
That would definitely be worse but it won't trigger as it is now unless you're a beta tester looking for things like that by twiddling knobs.

Chewie5150

Power User
Cameron CCV 2D - bug. Not sure if reported yet. On an existing preset added second amp to audition a few models. Loaded up Cameron CCV 2D. When I turn the Input Drive to 0 I get a massive pop that clips my system and i need to restart. I tried it again to verify. Same thing. Its very bad. Not sure if it happens to other amp models when doing this as I dont' want to keep doing this to my system....

FYI CPU usage on this preset only around 60%

Last edited:

jon

Fractal Fanatic
Is
Cameron CCV 2D - bug. Not sure if reported yet. On an existing preset added second amp to audition a few models. Loaded up Cameron CCV 2D. When I turn the Input Drive to 0 I get a massive pop that clips my system and i need to restart. I tried it again to verify. Same thing. Its very bad. Not sure if it happens to other amp models when doing this as I dont' want to keep doing this to my system....

FYI CPU usage on this preset only around 60%
This is with the new amp in parallel right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom