Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 11 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stealth adds a depth knob, two red channels and midi, otherwise it's the same. Easy to do in Axe.
The Stealth doesn't have midi. The Blue Chanel is not the Same as the red. From what I've read, The Blue in the Stealth uses the first gain stage of the red channel, but is still not a 2nd red channel. The difference of the "normal" stealth and the EL34 Stealth is more than just the power tubes. As mentioned in other threads power tubes have almost no impact to the overall sound. To my ears both amps are voiced differently.
I have tried to modify the 5153 in the Axe Fx to match my amps, haven't been able to though.
Haven't tried it with Cygnus yet. I'm really enjoying the 5153 50w in this FW.
I own both, and they are my favorite amps. I'm still hoping for the addition of those models to the Axe Fx.

You can't cheat physics. No 45 watt amp is going to have more output than a 100 watt amp into the same load. It's more likely that the 45 watter is breaking up more and the added harmonics are making it seem louder. Watts are watts. A power tube circuit will only supply so much power before you red plate a tube or smoke a transformer. If it was capable of more output, it would be rated higher.

Nah, if it goes to 11 it is one louder... ;)

Some wattage on the amps seems to be fake . Some heads say « 100 watts » ... but in front of a dual rectifier they disappear 😅. Dbs, frequencies ... that’s not only the wattage that matters, 4 power tubes in it or not

Speaker efficiency plays a big part in volume. Also, most amps are rated for clean wattage. Overdriven amps can produce well over their rated wattage.

Well, this thread went for a while on the "Tone in the hands" tangent. I have to respond: I believe whole heartedly that definitely "Some" of the tone is in the hands. I will never forget almost having guys want to fight me over tone in the hands! Way back in the early 90's I was in a band that didn't have enough material to play the whole night. We would host an open jam session to fill the time. Our band would play some original material that was in the lines of Megadeth, Metallica etc...lots of chugga chugga stuff. I would get guys playing through my entire rig including guitar and even pick! I was surprised at how different my rig would sound from player to player. The funnier part was when a guy came up to use my rig and then would chug a chord or two and then ask me to put it on the channel I was playing on. I would look real quick and say "It's that one". I actually had some guys almost want to fight because they thought I was lying or trying to trick them. I would then have to say, "give me the guitar back and do a couple chugga chords to prove it! They then sheepishly played on. I admit, I used a heavy pick and had a very heavy pick attack. It would not sound the same if your picking hand was weak :(

The Stealth doesn't have midi. The Blue Chanel is not the Same as the red. From what I've read, The Blue in the Stealth uses the first gain stage of the red channel, but is still not a 2nd red channel. The difference of the "normal" stealth and the EL34 Stealth is more than just the power tubes. As mentioned in other threads power tubes have almost no impact to the overall sound. To my ears both amps are voiced differently.
I have tried to modify the 5153 in the Axe Fx to match my amps, haven't been able to though.
Haven't tried it with Cygnus yet. I'm really enjoying the 5153 50w in this FW.
I own both, and they are my favorite amps. I'm still hoping for the addition of those models to the Axe Fx.
I guess only the 50w has midi.
Eddie said the stealth was two red channels and depth knobs, but I don't have one, just a normal 5153 100w.
I don't have a problem getting extremely close to it in the Axe, even if it's the 50w modeled.

Does load mean the same as effiency? I've never looked into this. Can't you have 2 8-ohm speakers and one is rated more effieciently, thus should seem louder faster?
I read as it "into the same speaker/cabinet", but maybe I'm inferring too much?

Speaker efficiency is definitely a factor... I almost made the same reply as yours then realized he had included that part. :)

I don't think tone is in your hands. What is, is character and little subtleties and nuances of technique and personality. I feel the tone is in the guitar and amp. I know I could be wrong though.

Not sure what this could possibly mean.
Any one of a Porche, Lamborghini, Ferrari would eat the other for lunch.....depending on the driver.
well he plugged it in yesterday which he has owned many high gain amps and he said the Budda is so loud its deafening. way more massive than he ever imagined.

Exactly where you pick, the exact picking motion, choice of pick and how close to the tip of the pick you pick, how hard you press against the frets and how close the frets you fret, and possibly even how thick your fingers and hands are, and possibly how tightly you hold the instrument make a significant difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom