Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 11 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep that close , its the JB I think thats a large chunk of it
your Kramer is alder correct ?
so yours to me appears a little brighter
The Kramer has a poplar body and a maple neck, so it's quite different from his PRS, also the Kramer has no tone control, so a tad extra brightness there too. :)

it s like we dont have the same IR at all it s crazy seriously lol . you use the axe as a soundcard, and me I put an xlr in a focusrite 8I6 V3 , maybe that's it ?
are you sure you play with the preset you shared with these settings Leon ?
Great test, but should it not be 3 parts?

1-You + Leon's Preset.
2-Leon's output .wav (LT BE V3 Test).
3-Leon's DI .wav re-amp'd w his preset on your Axefx.

true about leftys by the way - we have magical powers not replicable by other humans.

Yep that close , its the JB I think thats a large chunk of it
your Kramer is alder correct ?
so yours to me appears a little brighter
I put a JB in the bridge spot of my old LoneStar Strat in the '90s when I changed the pickguard to put the middle pickup in the correct location. I kinda miss that guitar....

i think there are many factors that make a difference The pickups are but one aspect but also the body is mahog his action , his string
guage all those individual things
add up
You could play 3 of the exact same guitars and each would sound different. There are so many factors to address and exact replication in reality is never possible; nature doesn't even get twins that close and they, supposedly, have the exact same genetic recipe, so the environment has a relatively small percentage of involvement in their development. Emulation is your goal, so this investigation is very much appreciated to understand the fixed parameters.

I put a JB in the bridge spot of my old LoneStar Strat in the '90s when I changed the pickguard to put the middle pickup in the correct location. I kinda miss that guitar....
My Les Paul Custom has a JB and Jazz. Looks like it's going to get some much needed attention today ;)

My Les Paul Custom has a JB and Jazz. Looks like it's going to get some much needed attention today ;)
My one Tele has a Jazz. Great pickup for mixing with singles on a 250k pot....
20201126_123231.jpg

The difference between pickups in heavy high gain tones are very very light, whatever you use

This video is funny about this

And in this one the differences are fairly noticeable:

The more you process a sound before the amp (boosts, etc), the more individual character you can remove from the sound and the less different pickups affect things. But they can definitely have an effect.

The more you process a sound before the amp (boosts, etc), the more individual character you can remove from the sound and the less different pickups affect things. But they can definitely have an effect.

Awesome player Keith Merrow. Has he released anything since Conquering Dystopia?

You guys are funny.
Obviously Leon is gonna sound different on the same preset than anyone else. He sounds like Leon on all his guitars, even the YJM strat, which is quite a feat.
His extreme low and high cuts drive me nuts and that's the only quip I have to make about the Lord Of Faces.
Leon stop cutting out all the bass! :D
BTW much love.

As someone who has never dabbled in aftermarket pickups, I wonder which one I should trust. I would think that Ola has way more experience especially with tone and mixing.

Identify what you feel you're missing that a new pickup will add, then start looking at pickups known to do whatever that is.
Otherwise you'll end up with an endless worry that something else might be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom