Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 11 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
right you are. They were too boomy and hollow first, now they're as advertised: perfect Plexis and hotrodded Plexis. Knocked the Splawn, which sounds great but is hard to mix, out of most slots.
Haven’t spent much time with the Friedmans but the Splawns sounds just as good, if not better than the QR I gigged with 10 years ago.

Kudos to Fractal. I have an old Mesa Mark III (with the giant power transformer that had been upgraded to a red stripe) that was out to Mesa for repairs. Just got it back and it sounds fantastic again. Switched over to the IIC Bright Deep model and dialed it in the same way with the same cab. There's just no way I could reliably tell which is which if blindfolded.

Kudos to Fractal. I have an old Mesa Mark III (with the giant power transformer that had been upgraded to a red stripe) that was out to Mesa for repairs. Just got it back and it sounds fantastic again. Switched over to the IIC Bright Deep model and dialed it in the same way with the same cab. There's just no way I could reliably tell which is which if blindfolded.
The Mark III was my dream amp for the longest time. I would just dial in perfection whenever I came across one.

Yeah, just a little maybe but I've been having such a good time with it that I'm a bit overzealous and your comment made me hungry.

It was just a PG reference to a comment from earlier this morning. One of those "you had to be there" moments I reckon. Lol All in good fun.

Well, spent the better part of two hours poking at my presets to distract myself from the sunburn.

The Mark series Boogies seem to really like the master up a bit higher. Probably not the best for a metal tone, but they really get that thick, chewy liquidity going when you get the power tubes and speaker working a bit harder. All hail the mighty speaker compression! Been backing gain/drive off a little and letting the output section do some of the work, and it is sooooooo touch-sensitive and dynamic.... Woof!

I started to revisit the JPIIC as I haven’t gelled with it before. All of the modes for it are just great under Cygnus. Paired it with the some OH Mesa 412 Trad V30 IRs and it was a magical combination this evening.

Have you tried the new shred mode boost or grinder into the TC
Just gave the Triple Crest my first spin with Cygnus. I like them much more than before (not that I disliked them; Cygnus is just better). I still have experimenting to do, but a boost definitely helps. I think TC2 is probably better than TC3 for rhythm though. TC3 adds more fuzz and wooliness that's probably better suited for leads.

Sup :)

Here is a little Savage clip. Even though it has as much gain as you want,, I was playing around with the new Shred drive input boost with a couple of models and for shits and giggles dialed this up with a little less gain than normal and a little hit of the shred drive and got this raw, gritty, bitey, chunker. it's a little less focused than I normally use for the Savage,,,but at the vol I was playing at,,it was making me smile so,,,,yeah :)

MOSHON
DAVE

Here is a little Savage clip. Even though it has as much gain as you want,, I was playing around with the new Shred drive input boost with a couple of models and for shits and giggles dialed this up with a little less gain than normal and a little hit of the shred drive and got this raw, gritty, bitey, chunker. it's a little less focused than I normally use for the Savage,,,but at the vol I was playing at,,it was making me smile so,,,,yeah :)

MOSHON
DAVE

The ENGL Savage is an amp bred for a single purpose: to melt the faces of Men.

MOSHON
DAVE

Again, great riffs and execution. Loved it.

Just gave the Triple Crest my first spin with Cygnus. I like them much more than before (not that I disliked them; Cygnus is just better). I still have experimenting to do, but a boost definitely helps. I think TC2 is probably better than TC3 for rhythm though. TC3 adds more fuzz and wooliness that's probably better suited for leads.
100% the Blue is tighter and more punchy , that my choice too, you can crank the gain then turn on the input boost to hit it harder and it just has this great snarl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom