Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 11 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Triple Crown is cool, but I don't get the Boogie "super tight metal" thing from it. I'll have to revisit it though. But yes, I appreciate that the front panel controls work as expected.
I have a TC-50, I need to put the mids almost at 0 if I want the Mesa MK II/IV flavor. Or better, reproduce the Mesa 5 bands EQ with the PEQ of my FX8 in the TC-50 loop (I would love to have this EQ model in the FX8 !)

The last band I was in the bass player had a beautiful Spector and it sounded amazing. He stupidly left it in his car and, naturally, someone broke in and stole it.

They really cover the bases (pun intended) as far as a big low end while having plenty of top end to cut through. Mine isn’t even a high-end Spector and it just rips. The first time I heard one in person was when I joined a band in East Bridgewater and the bassist had an NS-2 with EMG’s into an Ampeg SVT-Pro and an 8x10. You practically had to wear a cup walking in front of that thing because it would smash your testes into the sides of your legs like an 18-wheeler hitting a deer.

I used Spector basses for a while; lovely rock tone from those EMGs and that preamp. But I went with 6 strings and the neck dive was just too much; now using Jazz types.

The Cygnus SVT sounds pretty great, and I don't think it's specifically been updated.

41QzMmUou8L._AC_.jpg
started growing my hair out in Covid because why not...this is literally the last product I thought I'd ever try but the ONE thing that does what I want with hair this long. Hilarious that you posted this....

I have been struggling with the BE/HBE models as well. With the latest beta I am finding that the BE/HBE's bottom end seems very mushy for lack of a better description. Feels like there's no pick attack. However, there are countless ways to address this in the Axe. One thing I find that helps a lot with the BE/HBE under the current beta is do engage the bass cut on the ideal page. That seams to clean it up the "mushiness" a lot. Last weekend I gigged with the last beta, using the HBE V1 as my main dirt sounds and thought it was killer.

I have been struggling with the BE/HBE models as well. With the latest beta I am finding that the BE/HBE's bottom end seems very mushy for lack of a better description. Feels like there's no pick attack. However, there are countless ways to address this in the Axe. One thing I find that helps a lot with the BE/HBE under the current beta is do engage the bass cut on the ideal page. That seams to clean it up the "mushiness" a lot. Last weekend I gigged with the last beta, using the HBE V1 as my main dirt sounds and thought it was killer.
The Friedman BE100v2 and HBE100v2 were my fav amp, but with this new beta, the HBEv2 is just horrible... seems there is something wong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom