Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 11 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed yesterday The hi pass on the input EQ on the HBE is set way lower than the BE. Use to be set close to 500 hz. BE is 303 hz I think ( not by the unit right now) the HBE around 70 hz. I raised it to the same as the BE and it sounded like it should to me.

I noticed yesterday The hi pass on the input EQ on the HBE is set way lower than the BE. Use to be set close to 500 hz. BE is 303 hz I think ( not by the unit right now) the HBE around 70 hz. I raised it to the same as the BE and it sounded like it should to me.
I've noticed too... Thanks you for your help ;-)... but something still fuzzy and strange

Last edited:
Really curious as to whether bassists feel that Cygnus is having a noticeable impact on bass amp models girth/feel that guitarists are experiencing.
I don't think many of the Bass specific amps have been updated yet to experience it there, but some of the "bass amps that got stolen for guitar" are so someone can hopefully test them.

Really curious as to whether bassists feel that Cygnus is having a noticeable impact on bass amp models girth/feel that guitarists are experiencing.

Well, I was fighting with my bass tones quite a bit until last week, however, a new bass solved that. I took a break from recording bass parts for my album due to the tonal issues I was having with them and it's hard for me to compare that situation with what I'm working with now. But I can say; holy shit. I have a ton of bass presets, especially after getting Austin Buddy's bass pack, but just now I went to make a new preset to see how long it'd take and really, all I had to do was pick a certain cab and I could have used either the SVT 1 or 2 in a gig with what I had, not even touching the amp block.

I like a little grit on my bass and hearing it break up when I dig in is fantastic. Haven't found the speaker dynamics working in favor of bass presets yet, as it tends to restrain the goodness going on down there. Actually, if anyone is having any confusion over what the speaker dynamics are doing, if they've got a bass, I suggest plugging it in and tweaking the dynamics level while playing. You'll hear it RIGHT away.

I've certainly never wanted to crank up the volume this much when I've played/recorded bass, but between this bass and the AxeFX, everything just sounds AWESOME and I love that feeling when the notes thump your chest. It's like 80% of the reason I've fallen in love with playing bass.

Holy crap, just had to say that either I'm getting the hang of dialing in Mesa Boogies, or I just had ear fatigue before, or Cygnus is just that great, but damn I was just playing some songs and just had a huge smile on my face the whole time. What an absolute pleasure

Holy crap, just had to say that either I'm getting the hang of dialing in Mesa Boogies, or I just had ear fatigue before, or Cygnus is just that great, but damn I was just playing some songs and just had a huge smile on my face the whole time. What an absolute pleasure

I am the absolute worst at Mesas. It sounds like my guitar is throwing up every time I try to put a rectifier preset together.

I am the absolute worst at Mesas. It sounds like my guitar is throwing up every time I try to put a rectifier preset together.

A lot of it comes down to your guitar's pickups. That, and the Mesas sound best with a boost in front of them. I personally prefer the Micro Amp drive.

The key (IMO) to a good Recto sound is an overdrive or EQ in front to help deal with the excessive bass. I like the Grinder, but there are plenty of good choices. I don't care for the 600 Hz bump from a regular TS 808 though -- TS 808 Mod sounds better, IMO.

I love Boogies too, I just hate dialing them in. I wish there was a Boogie that had a "normal" amp interface where BMT did what you expected! Then I could save the GEQ for small adjustments like I do for every other amp in the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom