Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 11 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done on the shred modes of the JP2C. I no longer have the physical amp here to compare but it sure sounds good.
As for the speaker compression, could this be called the amount of fart by a layman like myself? Dialing in very little does add a little character but more than that it sounds like a speaker flubbing out. Yea it’s what speakers do, but in 30+ years of playing this has always been a sound I corrected so it wouldn’t do that anymore. Am I missing something??
The speaker compression virtual pot is linear. It should be exponential. ;)

This is the ultimate firmware! Love it!

BTW: Is there a particular reason why only the V2 Friedman HBE is available with the C45 mod? Is the V1 HBE from the previous beta the same as this "new" V1 from this beta release?

Spent way too much time doing this, but I wanted to see if I could clone an amp that's not modeled in the Axe-Fx III without using a Tone Match block and only messing with basic and advanced controls in the Amp block. So this is a comparison of my '94 Marshall SL-X and the Brit 800 Mod model. The real amp has four 12AX7's in the preamp, so I had to find creative ways to get that sound/feeling to match the model with the amp, but I think it sounds pretty stinkin' close. It's probably 90% there, but there's no way I'd be able to tell the difference in a full mix. The tweak-ability of the Axe is absolutely incredible and shows how accurate Cygnus modeling is. The fact that you can basically mod any amp model you want and get it to sound like something else is pretty wild.

The clip goes "A" full pass, "B" full pass, and "A" switching to "B" mid-pass.

This is so close that it beats the consistency of a real tube amp from day to day.

Thanks, but I hope I am not the only one whose eyes just glaze over after a few sentences, shutting down mentally.
Yeah, I couldn't marathon through that either, it was spirts for me. Read a little, dabble a little but it was very useful and it helped me identify how to sculpt my tone. I walked through the wiki twice, once through the Band Commander for a clean setup and then the Friedman BE/HBE for dirt.

Last edited:
Hi... Just a question... This Cygnus firmware is fantastic, my patches with Mesa amps IIC++ and IV never sounded so good, but the Friedman HBE seems to have a kind of "Fuzzy" tone... is it normal ? I've got a patch with the BEv2 and HBEv2, the HBEv2 sounds horrible, same with the HBEv1... Can someone confirm this or is it my patch ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom