Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 11 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it really matters which one is the real amp. The difference in pick attack can be matched with other parameters, but I didn't go THAT far down the tweaking rabbit hole. There will be some differences simply because there isn't a model of my amp, but the idea was to see if I could "make" it with the tools at our disposal using only the Amp block.

I thought this clip was a pretty cool testament to how close we can get to our own unique gear if we want to put a little effort into it.
So 1 was the real amp hm ? 🙃
I want my York audio t-shirt !
🤣

Spent way too much time doing this, but I wanted to see if I could clone an amp that's not modeled in the Axe-Fx III without using a Tone Match block and only messing with basic and advanced controls in the Amp block. So this is a comparison of my '94 Marshall SL-X and the Brit 800 Mod model. The real amp has four 12AX7's in the preamp, so I had to find creative ways to get that sound/feeling to match the model with the amp, but I think it sounds pretty stinkin' close. It's probably 90% there, but there's no way I'd be able to tell the difference in a full mix. The tweak-ability of the Axe is absolutely incredible and shows how accurate Cygnus modeling is. The fact that you can basically mod any amp model you want and get it to sound like something else is pretty wild.

The clip goes "A" full pass, "B" full pass, and "A" switching to "B" mid-pass.

I can easily tell, when it switches, I am pretty sure, I could pass an ABX test. But I have no idea, which is the real amp. Both sound great. B seems to have a bit more grit.

Spent way too much time doing this, but I wanted to see if I could clone an amp that's not modeled in the Axe-Fx III without using a Tone Match block and only messing with basic and advanced controls in the Amp block. So this is a comparison of my '94 Marshall SL-X and the Brit 800 Mod model. The real amp has four 12AX7's in the preamp, so I had to find creative ways to get that sound/feeling to match the model with the amp, but I think it sounds pretty stinkin' close. It's probably 90% there, but there's no way I'd be able to tell the difference in a full mix. The tweak-ability of the Axe is absolutely incredible and shows how accurate Cygnus modeling is. The fact that you can basically mod any amp model you want and get it to sound like something else is pretty wild.

The clip goes "A" full pass, "B" full pass, and "A" switching to "B" mid-pass.

Man you’ve got one hell of an ear. No wonder your IR’s sound so damn good.

Just dialled in the Mark IIC+ Bright + Deep with the York Audio IRs.

My new favourite amp on the higher gain side of things. Surprisingly easier to dial in than my Mark V lead channel I used to have.

So 1 was the real amp hm ? 🙃
I want my York audio t-shirt !
🤣
Hahaha! I didn’t say 1 was the real amp, I just said it doesn’t matter. ;) Pick attack could change based on where I set the Input Drive and Input Trim relationship. Want it softer, raise Input Drive and reduce Input Trim. Want it more aggressive, raise the Input Trim and reduce Input Drive. Those controls on the model work very similarly to the real amp’s dual gain controls.

I also just matched my Mesa Dual Caliber with the JP Yellow Shred model pretty closely. Right now it’s just fun to see if that kinda thing can be done. It’s crazy that it CAN!

I don't think it really matters which one is the real amp. The difference in pick attack can be matched with other parameters, but I didn't go THAT far down the tweaking rabbit hole. There will be some differences simply because there isn't a model of my amp, but the idea was to see if I could "make" it with the tools at our disposal using only the Amp block.

I thought this clip was a pretty cool testament to how close we can get to our own unique gear if we want to put a little effort into it.

If I wanted to stick my finger in the air and guess I’d go with A being the real amp, but like you said, at this point it just doesn’t matter as any perceived difference is so negligible, especially when set in a mix. 🤘

Hahaha! I didn’t say 1 was the real amp, I just said it doesn’t matter. ;) Pick attack could change based on where I set the Input Drive and Input Trim relationship. Want it softer, raise Input Drive and reduce Input Trim. Want it more aggressive, raise the Input Trim and reduce Input Drive. Those controls on the model work very similarly to the real amp’s dual gain controls.

I also just matched my Mesa Dual Caliber with the JP Yellow Shred model pretty closely. Right now it’s just fun to see if that kinda thing can be done. It’s crazy that it CAN!

come on, MNIM clearly is in dire need of some shirts...

not a criticism, more of a reminder: let's use Axe-change, we share so many great presets in the forum but the exchange is very sparse for the Axe 3. @iaresee @Admin M@ would it be possible to make a plugin that scoops the presets posted as attachments and puts them in the database? That would really go a long way to solve the cold start problem and encourage more sharing.

not a criticism, more of a reminder: let's use Axe-change, we share so many great presets in the forum but the exchange is very sparse for the Axe 3. @iaresee @Admin M@ would it be possible to make a plugin that scoops the presets posted as attachments and puts them in the database? That would really go a long way to solve the cold start problem and encourage more sharing.
Totally, tighter integration between Axe-Change and the forum--automatically--would really supercharge Axe-Change! Even better if it automatically uploaded to Axe-Change instead of being a message attachment, and unfurled a pretty integration in your forum message.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom