Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 11 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything sound great, but i miss much lowend when i play via mesa 20/20 and engl 4x12 guitar cab....
Via Headphone it`s ok...I also rolled back to 15.1 and there is a huge difference in lowend...
are you all playing via monitor and not like an "normal" rig like me? :)
Mesa 20/20's are not known for low-end prowess unless modded - and even then pushing a 4x12?? I used to run my AFXII into a 20/20 and two Thiele cabs with vintage EVM 12L's. Decent low-end for 80's rock, but not really built for chugging. I used a Stereo 2/90 for that.

So far, 11 is working perfectly except for the input boost, which operates differently in different amps, sometimes in reverse. Sounds wonderful.

Here are my Patches to compare.The ir i use doesent matter because it`s only via real Cab

One is 15.1 and the next i think beta 5.

I tryed my mesa and my matrix with the same result.

Always set speaker in global settings to bypass

You can roll back to 15.1 and load the preset for it and the flash mabe beta 11

oder whatever. Normaly you will notice a huge lowend drop with Cygnus.

You can dail back the lowend but it´s not the same.

Mabe i did something wrong...I need some help if i did...

But i came from Axe 2 and know a little bit how to dail in tones..

forgot to say that i don`t want to do millions of eq`s

and also tryed any reset trick and make an hole new preset from scretch

I use an OS7 with fishman abasi-set.

I hope someone will make the way and go back to 15.1 and can help me with my problem...:)

Thank you

Tried resetting your device?

Spent way too much time doing this, but I wanted to see if I could clone an amp that's not modeled in the Axe-Fx III without using a Tone Match block and only messing with basic and advanced controls in the Amp block. So this is a comparison of my '94 Marshall SL-X and the Brit 800 Mod model. The real amp has four 12AX7's in the preamp, so I had to find creative ways to get that sound/feeling to match the model with the amp, but I think it sounds pretty stinkin' close. It's probably 90% there, but there's no way I'd be able to tell the difference in a full mix. The tweak-ability of the Axe is absolutely incredible and shows how accurate Cygnus modeling is. The fact that you can basically mod any amp model you want and get it to sound like something else is pretty wild.

The clip goes "A" full pass, "B" full pass, and "A" switching to "B" mid-pass.

Spent way too much time doing this, but I wanted to see if I could clone an amp that's not modeled in the Axe-Fx III without using a Tone Match block and only messing with basic and advanced controls in the Amp block. So this is a comparison of my '94 Marshall SL-X and the Brit 800 Mod model. The real amp has four 12AX7's in the preamp, so I had to find creative ways to get that sound/feeling to match the model with the amp, but I think it sounds pretty stinkin' close. It's probably 90% there, but there's no way I'd be able to tell the difference in a full mix. The tweak-ability of the Axe is absolutely incredible and shows how accurate Cygnus modeling is. The fact that you can basically mod any amp model you want and get it to sound like something else is pretty wild.

No idea.

Yep, that's pretty darn close to 100% in a mix context. This is why the arguments of profiling/tone matching are of little interest to me - outside of a short-cut aspect (which is a hollow win in the long run), the framework of the Axe-Fx allows you to match anything you want.

Tried resetting your device?
Yes tryed ererything from Total Systemreset until dail in the tone with a new preset.
Mesa 20/20's are not known for low-end prowess unless modded - and even then pushing a 4x12?? I used to run my AFXII into a 20/20 and two Thiele cabs with vintage EVM 12L's. Decent low-end for 80's rock, but not really built for chugging. I used a Stereo 2/90 for that.
I also tried with my matrix and it`s still the same :-(
The abasi set is not in single coil mode ? I know these questions are stupid, I am not saying you are a noob asking this , but with a 7 strings and an axe + 4x12 is not possible . I will try in the end of the week your presets but in the return of my head and cab (don’t have any poweramp)I have already done the test in the return of the head and nothing was missing . Have you tried with another guitar? and not the 5153? They are many other amps for heavy tones . Even the fas modern is big
No it`s nor in singlecoil mode and it`s also not in Actice voicing-
I also Tryed an Ibanez with EMG Hetset and a Ibanez with Baze in it...
It´s no difference in the missing lowend
I also tryed othe amps ands the same result...
:-(

Yep, that's pretty darn close to 100% in a mix context. This is why the arguments of profiling/tone matching are of little interest to me - outside of a short-cut aspect (which is a hollow win in the long run), the framework of the Axe-Fx allows you to match anything you want.
I think I’m .02 off on one GEQ slider after listening on headphones, but it’s pretty close for doing it by ear. Even knowing where the switch is on the third pass, the difference is next to nothing. Seriously floored by this firmware.

Yes but if you don’t own the real amp ?

the first clip is the real amp, then the axe .
If I am not wrong, I recognize it with the small lack of pick attack . @York Audio am I wrong ?

Yes tryed ererything from Total Systemreset until dail in the tone with a new preset.

I also tried with my matrix and it`s still the same :-(

No it`s nor in singlecoil mode and it`s also not in Actice voicing-
I also Tryed an Ibanez with EMG Hetset and a Ibanez with Baze in it...
It´s no difference in the missing lowend
I also tryed othe amps ands the same result...
:-(
Global EQ on the output??? Just throwing out ideas...

If you don't own the real amp, then you're not profiling it with any product I suppose. The Axe-Fx already has lots of amps "matched" (at a model # level, not an individual level), and you can furiously tweak them out from those starting points with more "digital organic" flexibility.

Bottom line to me is that this beta is sounding great all around.

Global EQ on the output??? Just throwing out ideas...

No erverything Stock :)

My opinion is that alls these things are not nessesery to become a nice tone only with the amp.

My presets are very simple i think...:)

I hope the i can figure out whats wrong,but the thing is when i roll back to 15.1 i don`t need to do anything

like reset an amp or something...also when i go from beta to beta...

ok some little differences but not as huge as the lowend from 15.1. to beta 5-11 :-(

In Cygnus i like the feeling and response of the amp`s more and that`s why i asked for some help here :)

Played a Peavey Classic 50/50 for years thru two single 12" cab's. Bought a Mesa 20/20 wanting to save rack space figuring it would sound just as good if not better. Couldn't wait to sell the Mesa 20/20 low end was shit. Years late got a Mesa 2:90 then everyone really hated me. Mmmm that deep switch! It's taken a long time to mature to being in the mix rather than trying to be the whole mix.

If you don't own the real amp, then you're not profiling it with any product I suppose. The Axe-Fx already has lots of amps "matched" (at a model # level, not an individual level), and you can furiously tweak them out from those starting points with more "digital organic" flexibility.

Bottom line to me is that this beta is sounding great all around.
No but you can share .
I know the axe got a lot, but if I copy my amp, who’s not on the list for ex, and give it to you, and you give me your fireball that’s not on the list, and .. ho ! This guy got the kettner triamp ! And Ho ! look at her, she gives me the badlander ! Well . That’s a fun part of the K.
but I don’t miss it . (I have done approx 500 kemper profiles from 10 heads)
profiling is a super great game and it’s really entertaining to do for geeks like me . Now I try to do the same with irs, but I had problems last time with ir capture, so I will wait the final release to try back .

This is a game changer for me. Not having to use a drive block and so many Amps are more usable yet again for me.
Now you know why I own the real model after tons of tubes heads and 6 boogie. The JP2c is THE amp to me . It’s been a long walk to find an amp with a super great clean and super great dist. The real amp got 2 problems : A little bit noisy in dist (need a gate ) and the reverb who does a crazy whhhhoooshhh sound if you go to channel 2/3 to 1. But the reverb is not interesting so anyway 😊

the first clip is the real amp, then the axe .
If I am not wrong, I recognize it with the small lack of pick attack . @York Audio am I wrong ?
I don't think it really matters which one is the real amp. The difference in pick attack can be matched with other parameters, but I didn't go THAT far down the tweaking rabbit hole. There will be some differences simply because there isn't a model of my amp, but the idea was to see if I could "make" it with the tools at our disposal using only the Amp block.

I thought this clip was a pretty cool testament to how close we can get to our own unique gear if we want to put a little effort into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom