Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 11 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
This sounds really good, I like many things about it and it definitively displays amp qualities I’m always looking for. Kerrang! I also like the note blending in the ringing parts like the outro after 1:15.
What was the guitar used, and is there more then one layer? The motif sounds doubled but I’m wondering about other layers.
Sup? :)

Thanks. It's the same guitar I posted in the last beta clip ( Doberman Warrior, maple ,mahogany with a BKP Painkiller) just tracked left and right.

MOSHON
DAVE

I just played around with the SLO100 lead. It sounds awesome, and I played it ridiculously loud in the room (through studio monitors). It sounds great, but I could not get the gain reduction meter to move in the Speaker section (AxeEdit). I am maxing out the headroom meter on the basic page.

I may hear a little difference, but that could also be placebo :)

EDIT: I see the meter is not moving in Leon's video either. But I do hear it.

Last edited:
It sounds great, but I could not get the gain reduction meter to move in the Speaker section (AxeEdit). I am maxing out the headroom meter on the basic page.

I may hear a little difference, but that could also be placebo :)
Already mentioned, axe-edit needs to be updated

Outstanding! I could track an entire album with that tone and be completely satisfied with the results.
Sup? :)

Thanks..

Funny thing is..I usually start a preset with the same saved combo of cabs and tweak from there then swap cabs if I'm looking for something different. When I ported this over to it's own preset ( that I tweaked and recorded) I didn't notice it had changed to slot 1( legacy Ubercab 47 ) from slot 2 which is 3 cabs blended where I usually start. I was having fun and it didn't even matter. :)

MOSH ON
DAVE

That little 1x4 Pig IR gets a lot of action just by being the first in an alphabetical set. If I remember correctly, we were done with the Cab Pack session, and said, "Hey let's do that Pig Nose too." I held the mic in my hand instead of using a stand. Cliff was in the control room and just said, "Yeah!" and did the sweep every time it sounded good.

Literally laughed out loud by myself at that one. Man, I love that show!

The Deluxe spring verb has been there for quite a while, and it is wonderful
I guess I always go straight to London Plate or Stratocumulus and missed that one. I don’t use effects as much as I used to, so a lot of things look “new” to me. There are some models in the Pitch block I hadn’t noticed either but have probably been around for a long time. It’s been satisfying just using an amp by itself, so effects have taken a back seat in my recent patches. Might be a good time to explore some stuff.

man you have to post some clips cause you already get great tones
would love to hear you tear it up w Cygnus SLO and VH4
I’ll see what I can do. Yesterday, I lost two hours messing with the Brit 800 Mod and comparing it to my Marshall SL-X. Gonna listen again in a minute with fresh ears to see if it’s as close as I thought it was yesterday. The SL-X has an additional preamp tube, so I’m messing with some stuff to try to get the 800 Mod’s gain structure to match the SL-X.

That little 1x4 Pig IR gets a lot of action just by being the first in an alphabetical set. If I remember correctly, we were done with the Cab Pack session, and said, "Hey let's do that Pig Nose too." I held the mic in my hand instead of using a stand. Cliff was in the control room and just said, "Yeah!" and did the sweep every time it sounded good.
I’ve been wanting to do a little Fractal Forum challenge where users compete to create the best tones using only the 1x4 Pig IR. Is this something you’d consider setting up? It’d be cool to do something like this quarterly or bi-annually to get forum users involved.

So the Friedman models now only allow FAT and C45 on certain voicings?

Yellow is 2.9. Red is 5.7.

Mesa's manuals state differently, and at least when they did the same on the Mark V (deleting the input gain) I measured it to be equivalent of around 7 on an Input Drive pot there too.

jp2c_manual.png

Are you maybe using a different taper for your Input Gain than the IIC+ used to have and that's leading to the visual discrepency?

I know it's wrong, but I'd love to have an actual Pignose model.

Everything sound great, but i miss much lowend when i play via mesa 20/20 and engl 4x12 guitar cab....
Via Headphone it`s ok...I also rolled back to 15.1 and there is a huge difference in lowend...
are you all playing via monitor and not like an "normal" rig like me? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom