Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 11 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sup? ;)

Man,, I'm having fun with the JP IIC+ Yellow Shred. I haven't even played with anything else ,I've been in and out all day and keep sitting down and chuggin on this JP. It's not really my normal thing, and a little sloppy,( I tend to play like 2 guitarists as it suits my split personality...lol) this might not translate to other rigs,,,but DAMN,,, I've got speaker comp up to 5.24 and the Speaker time to 3672.2 and the KNOCK in the room when it hits a certain way,,is so fuckin real.

MOSHON
DAVE

Sup? ;)

Man,, I'm having fun with the JP IIC+ Yellow Shred. I haven't even played with anything else ,I've been in and out all day and keep sitting down and chuggin on this JP. It's not really my normal thing, and a little sloppy,( I tend to play like 2 guitarists as it suits my split personality...lol) this might not translate to other rigs,,,but DAMN,,, I've got speaker comp up to 5.24 and the Speaker time to 3672.2 and the KNOCK in the room when it hits a certain way,,is so fuckin real.

MOSHON
DAVE

I love that riff.

Sup? ;)

MOSHON
DAVE

Great example Cygnus note bloom here. When you're playing the chords at the end you can really hear it. At 1:20 notice how the chord goes eeeee-ahhhhhh-owwwww.

Has the jp2c yellow always be 2.90. I thought they set the internal input drive to 7.5 in the actual amp?

BTW, as I'm thinking of it and dumb as it may sound
Does the new Speaker Compressor/Cygnus new algorithm will make true guitar cab rumble better?

Because one think that always bothered me that when taking the amp model only that the sound always sounds polished and like someone played an amp through an mp3 player and didn't rumbled the cabinet now matter how loud I cranked my SS Power Amp

IMO the JPIIC has really come to life now. I can't even really explain why, but I had never really been into the JP model despite being a huge Mesa and JP tone fan. I always went for the Mark IV mid gain lead or Triaxis LD2 yellow. But NOW this thing is singing to me!! THANKS FRACTAL!!!

Sup? ;)

MOSHON
DAVE

awesome riff and tone man. would you be kind to share your preset? many thanks!

The FAS models sound great, just went through and built some presets with all 16 of them with their associated Celestion stereo IRs.

Edited: I'm using Speaker Drive at .5, Compression around 3, Time Const ~2-3000 and Compliance 50% ... you will comply 50% OF THE TIME :) I like the HAAS effect so I delay the right side by 10.2 mm

Last edited:
Shameless cross-post: I finally loaded the Cygnus beta this afternoon....wow! A quick clip with a backing track got me the linked track. Drum, bass, vocal, and keys are all from a backing track, while all guitar tracks are a R0 Les Paul with Axe FX III Mk2, Cygnus Beta 11 FW. I've been a hard-core tube guy for about 30 years, but this sounds pretty darned good! Not only does it sound good it was really easy to get it to sound this good. Color me impressed!

https://soundclick.com/r/s8gtx0

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom