Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 11 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uhh, has someone already mentioned Axe Edit going completely insane with this update? The amp selection doesn't work at all, it just chooses a random one regardless of what I click on.

Ha! I landed on 2.70. :D

Dropped the time constant to 420ms. 2000ms seemed too slow. Maybe that value is closer when it's warmer in the room/venue and you're playing louder, but 420ms sounded about right for what I am used to. Probably varies by speaker, too, and how well the voice coil can dissipate heat away....
I’m also going for a big, epic, cranked Plexi tone. I haven’t dialed it in for any other amps yet but I would probably use less for other types of tones.

I landed at 2.9 because I wanted single notes to stand out a little bit. 2.7 is more balanced.

Recordings please!! I’m still sitting with my Axe-II thinking about upgrading, convince me! ;)
I recently upgraded from an AxeFx IIXL+ I’d used for five years, only regret I have is not doing it sooner! The feel and realism of the 3 amazes me every time I play through it. Before I sold my AxeFx 2 I plugged it back and and geez the 3 has spoiled me the 2 just had a fake boxy sound to it, if I had never played the 3 I would have continued playing the 2 and loving it but alas the 2 is now gone and I’m a happy chappy :)

This seems to be the most common complaint/solution after updating firmware. After all these years, why is this still necessary? Couldn’t it be automated so once Axe-Edit is loaded and it recognizes a newer firmware version after connection?
Seems like a common stumbling block for many. I wonder how much electricity automating the refresh when a change in firmware version is detected would save from ending the need for at least 10 people to ask that question and 2 or 3 to answer each one with the "refresh after firmware update" reminder....

Just want to chime in my post got deleted due to bickering about the vaccination. This couldn’t be further from the truth. Being a (soon to be retired) first responder(LEO) in NYC, I was one of the first to be vaccinated and merely was looking out for the poster who said he either was going or just got his shot to schedule a day off in case he had a reaction (like I did). There is no bickering on my end, I fully support vaccinations in general and hope it is the path to putting this hellish pandemic behind us. I REALLY dont like being misunderstood and wish everyone a long, healthy and happy life. Thats all I have to say about that.

Oh yea, also digging the new Firmware. Keep up the good work.

Edit: I would have preferred to inbox the moderator but I dont see an option to do so.

it really is !

Yellow shred is perfect.
I have this saved Preset put together by Cooper Carter of the JP Rig with fantastic AMP Eq settings and other changes that already sounded massive. I notice that if I open that preset, and don't REFRESH, it is just an unbelievable monstrosity. Yes, I tried switching to Yellow Shred and not Refreshing, and wow, it kicks big time. When I refresh, it gets rid of Cooper's settings and just doesn't sound quite as good to me.

It seems like there are going to be some presets where refreshing is not preferable depending on a person's taste - the new underlying algorithm and speaker compression changes are enough to push them into unbelievable territory!

Oh wow, the speaker compression is pretty slick! I have a DI running into the AxeFX on a loop and I'm just tweaking the knob as it plays. This DI is a chugging riff with the JPIIC+, right when you hit 3.20 the bottom end tightens right up! This with the speaker impedance curves is going to be fun. This is the exact thing I love about the III; being able to tweak these little things perfectly to taste.

I've been messing with amp sounds all day, just running DI's and tweaking while listening to the whole mix and it's just crazy how far you can take these things.

Recordings please!! I’m still sitting with my Axe-II thinking about upgrading, convince me! ;)
That's not our place in life. We only say what and why we like what we hear. You get to take the same chance we did, only much later, when we're already acclaiming that it's a good thing, so convince yourself.

This seems to be the most common complaint/solution after updating firmware. After all these years, why is this still necessary? Couldn’t it be automated so once Axe-Edit is loaded and it recognizes a newer firmware version after connection?
It normally does, but we're in a twilight zone where the revision hasn't changed, so, being well informed and smart users, we automatically reach for the "Refresh after new FW" option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom