Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 11 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just had sooo much fun tonight dialing in a chugga-chugga sound. I never really dabbled in Boogie Territory before, but today I went all in - In the end, I settled on the IIC++

(And yes, I used my hands to move the knobs and get the tone :p )

I guess only the 50w has midi.
Eddie said the stealth was two red channels and depth knobs, but I don't have one, just a normal 5153 100w.
I don't have a problem getting extremely close to it in the Axe, even if it's the 50w modeled.
I have a 100 watt stealth head (6L6), and the 100 watt red model in the axe is so close, I ended up dialing them in exactly the same without looking (after bumping up 125 and 250 in the amp eq)

Last edited:
Or adding a budda super overdrive 2 45 watt. a friend of mine just got one the one before peavey bought them and he said the budda will eat any 100 watt amp he has ever owned for lunch.

You can't cheat physics. No 45 watt amp is going to have more output than a 100 watt amp into the same load. It's more likely that the 45 watter is breaking up more and the added harmonics are making it seem louder. Watts are watts. A power tube circuit will only supply so much power before you red plate a tube or smoke a transformer. If it was capable of more output, it would be rated higher.

Speaker efficiency plays a big part in volume. Also, most amps are rated for clean wattage. Overdriven amps can produce well over their rated wattage.
Are we talking about two amps on 10 here or could the taper on the Budda’s master volume just be so bad that it’s basically wide open as soon as you move it much over 0? I’ve had 20W amps that would run you out of the room with the volume on 3 and 100W amps that were tolerable on 3. But the 20W is probably already at 90% of its full volume, while the 100W still has a lot more to give.

You guys talking about those Budda amps: I owned a series II Superdrive 45 for a bit. It was definitely a loud 45 watter. The volume pot was really fast on it. None to stun real fast like! I would not say as loud as a 1959 super lead though.

I was the last one left after the nuclear holocaust, eh. The whole world had been destroyed, like U.S. blew up Russia and Russia blew up U.S. and Canada. Fortunately, I had been off world at the time. There wasn't much to do. All the bowling alleys and doughnuts shops had been wrecked. So I spent most of my time looking for beer.

I'm a 50/50 on tone in hands versus equipment. If you have really good amps/pedals or an Axe FX III, I feel like your playing style (and skill level at different music/playing styles) is translated better by a better rig that's what you're looking for. Yes, great guitarists can still sound awesome through about anything. However, the freaking lights come on with great equipment versus not having it. Helps the confidence levels with playing as well. Just depends on each person and what they're comfortable playing through and what they are skilled at playing. Just my humble opinion...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom