Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 11 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I just tried Double Verb Silverface and Vibrato channels, which was by far my most beloved clean amps in previous fw, but I must say they are sounding much thinner in cygnus.

I have double checked if everything was set correctly.
I dialed the amp from scratch, went back to 15.01, back to cygnus, back to 15, back to cygnus but I always ended with the same result.

Anyone, who can check it and confirm maybe ?

Today I just tried Double Verb Silverface and Vibrato channels, which was by far my most beloved clean amps in previous fw, but I must say they are sounding much thinner in cygnus.

I have double checked if everything was set correctly.
I dialed the amp from scratch, went back to 15.01, back to cygnus, back to 15, back to cygnus but I always ended with the same result.

Anyone, who can check it and confirm maybe ?

I think the blackface Vibrato channel sounds excellent, better than before.

The Silverface hasn't been verified yet.

I think the blackface Vibrato channel sounds excellent, better than before.

The Silverface hasn't been verified yet.
in fw 15.01 my bass was at 40% and it was plenty. in cygnus I set it at 50-55% but even with bass so high, there’s still something else missing.

so far I dig everything except friedman be’s and fender twins..

All the BFs and Tweeds that are verified are freaking awesome and fat! I've spent more time with the Princeton than the tweed deluxe somehow, which is my favorite amp of all time. I love that Princeton so much.
I haven't messed with anything not on the OP list but I'm pining for the Blankenship Leeds, which was my favorite in FW15.

Had a widdle with the v3 HBE

You always have some gnarly tone, and playing. It's a delight to see new content from you, so thanks for all that you do for the community.

I'm just wondering what's going on though lol I've downloaded your presets before and they sound nowhere close to the tones your ripping out. I know, I know... Tone is dependent on the player, and other aspects of the signal chain; buttttttt, I'm no stranger to playing, with 25+ years experience, and have a wide assortment of guitars. I know I'm not the only one in this camp, as I've read numerous others kind of touch on the same thing.

My question is this: Do you think the difference is YouTube's compression algorithm being the missing link? And if so, any idea how to replicate that with our beloved black boxes?

You always have some gnarly tone, and playing. It's a delight to see new content from you, so thanks for all that you do for the community.

I'm just wondering what's going on though lol I've downloaded your presets before and they sound nowhere close to the tones your ripping out. I know, I know... Tone is dependent on the player, and other aspects of the signal chain; buttttttt, I'm no stranger to playing, with 25+ years experience, and have a wide assortment of guitars. I know I'm not the only one in this camp, as I've read numerous others kind of touch on the same thing.

My question is this: Do you think the difference is YouTube's compression algorithm being the missing link? And if so, any idea how to replicate that with our beloved black boxes?
my youtube video audio sounds pretty much the same as when i'm recording it, so i don't think there's a huge difference there.

my youtube video audio sounds pretty much the same as when i'm recording it, so i don't think there's a huge difference there.

Just trying to hone in on what could be the difference. I mean playing abilities aside, anyone can hit open D chord with minimal talent lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom