Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 10 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
well , I have done my 453 546 comparaison today between my recording possibilities
trying to do the best sound possible between the 3 options

1/ real JP2C + internal cabclone
2/ real jp2C + torpedo captor
3/ axe fx 3

and this is the axe fx 3 that seriously wins . the sound of it in the latest beta is really, really good , i know it s not updated, but i hope that the final release wont be so much different than that .
So i can proudly say that concerning recording, the axe is my best solution .
then I have played maybe 2 hours with the real head and cab , and it sound perfect too , but to have this sound in a record with the real head .... I have 5/6 mics , but I probably wont have this sound .
Now that's what I was curious about, my dream theater tone match presets are important😂

We pay the bigger bucks, we should get more attention.
Paying "bigger bucks" only buys you the added capability and capacity of the AF3, it doesn't have anything to do with getting more attention. Fractal have a clear idea of what their products should do and they listen to ideas but I've seen them say "No" when requests, even multiple requests, don't make sense for their vision. And, that's how it should be. A committee can't design these products.

Paying "bigger bucks" only buys you the added capability and capacity of the AF3, it doesn't have anything to do with getting more attention. Fractal have a clear idea of what their products should do and they listen to ideas but I've seen them say "No" when requests, even multiple requests, don't make sense for their vision. And, that's how it should be. A committee can't design these products.
It only buys you the added capability and capacity, and nothing else? Really?..you know this for a fact? Okay, if you say so! I know if I had people working for me and part of their job description is to listen to our users for ideas on what they want in our products, it's only natural to pay more attention to the ones buying your bigger products. It's not rocket science. It's perfectly normal even if it's not your official procedure, and there isn't anything wrong with it. Does Fractal Audio every do this, I really don't know, but I certainly wouldn't blame them if they did. One thing I do know is that you don't know either unless you're directly involved. It doesn't matter what a companies official policy is, what's "official" and what goes on unofficially are two different things.

As for Fractal's vision on what their products should do, and don't do, etc, I couldn't agree more, but respectfully that has little to do with my point of potential priorities of attention.

It only buys you the added capability and capacity, and nothing else? Really?..you know this for a fact? Okay, if you say so! I know if I had people working for me and part of their job description is to listen to our users for ideas on what they want in our products, it's only natural to pay more attention to the ones buying your bigger products. It's not rocket science. It's perfectly normal even if it's not your official procedure, and there isn't anything wrong with it. Does Fractal Audio every do this, I really don't know, but I certainly wouldn't blame them if they did. One thing I do know is that you don't know either unless you're directly involved. It doesn't matter what a companies official policy is, what's "official" and what goes on unofficially are two different things.

As for Fractal's vision on what their products should do, and don't do, etc, I couldn't agree more, but respectfully that has little to do with my point of potential priorities of attention.
Bigger retail price dollars has little to do with actual profit metrics. It could be very possible for the FC-6 to be the most profitable item in the Fractal lineup for all you know. A company who treats ”higher ticket customers” better than your average Joe would be foolish. I have never once heard of Fractal treating any customer lower than another based on what they bought.

Possible issue: Friedman Smallbox - I was playing around with the Bright switch today and when holding a note or chord I switched off the bright switch and the volume cut out and came back up and then when I switch it back on it pops.

Just had a weird issue. Amp (5150 red and recto) suddenly became out of control boomy and a little choppy, kind of like the non-updated amps were when Cygnus first dropped. But I'm also having a massive amount of interference right now I would presume due to streaming on a monitor a couple of feet away, so I'm going to come back to it when I can clear the area.

Just had a weird issue. Amp (5150 red and recto) suddenly became out of control boomy and a little choppy, kind of like the non-updated amps were when Cygnus first dropped. But I'm also having a massive amount of interference right now I would presume due to streaming on a monitor a couple of feet away, so I'm going to come back to it when I can clear the area.

I've been having a lot interference as well, when I wasn't before with no change to my setup or location of equipment.

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but the Carol-Ann Tucana Clean amp level is quite low in comparison to other clean amps. Even with the master volume maxed out, it's like 6 to 10dB quieter than the others. (Yes I know you can compensate with the Level control, but the other amps are all in the same general ballpark.)

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but the Carol-Ann Tucana Clean amp level is quite low in comparison to other clean amps. Even with the master volume maxed out, it's like 6 to 10dB quieter than the others. (Yes I know you can compensate with the Level control, but the other amps are all in the same general ballpark.)

Not sure if you are aware, but you should be using the master volume parameter for tone and feel shaping, not volume adjustments. The level control is exactly for that purpose.

Not sure if you are aware, but you should be using the master volume parameter for tone and feel shaping, not volume adjustments. The level control is exactly for that purpose.
Definitely. The master volume changes the overall thickness of the sound as it's rolled up so then we often tweak the other controls to try to compensate. The level control just makes it louder or softer without changing the sound quality.

It took me a little while, and some fiddling and a lot of reading, before I finally understood that different way of accomplishing things but it makes sense now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom