Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 10 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been noticing the popping noise in the drive block when I am using the eq dials. When I double click them to set the bass freq to 200 hz and the treble to 10k hz it pops. I've heard on the TS 808 and the Horizon PD pedals.

I've noticed there are 2 x Carol-Ann Triptik Clean amps available ?

Does anyone else have this ?

Axe Edit -> AMP BLOCK -> SELECT and then you should see them in the menu (numbers 076 and 078)
I can't duplicate that.

I had two duplicate Tucana presets in the preloaded factory presets though.

Important question: Does this Beta 10 public yada yada go to Eleven?!!!! I mean what if you're playing Beta 10 but it needs more Beta?

You beta watch out
You beta not cry
You beta not pout
I'm telling you why
Santa Claus is coming to town
giphy.gif

Texas Star Clean sounds utterly amazing. I paired it with the Legacy 105 (Rumble EV12L RNR1) and Legacy 106 (Rumble EV12S M160) and with the gain on 5, a FET boost in front, big dual delay and the South Church Reverb I can sit here for hours noodling away.

Those Rumble cabs go with just about anything, I'm using them with the Plexi 50W Normal and the Dumble amps and they just seem to work. Dialling in epic tones has never been easier than with Cygnus, top marks to Fractal for this and thank you very much.

EDIT

Attached a copy of the preset - if you have active pickups, switch the CC Boost off in the amp block preamp section.
Ok this was pretty ridiculous as advertised. Jammed on this for a bit for great fun.

Afterwards, experimented with some other first time amps for me using Rumble cabs, Tucana Lead was very nice.

Ended with SLO lead at relatively stock settings into Rumble Cab, with Morley wah, boost, chorus and delay and I was THERE.

The point being, I’m not spending much time dialing these in. I’m slapping a new amp in that I’ve never played, and Cygnus is delivering some sweet tones right away, more time to play.

More exploration incoming tonight I’m sure.....

I've noticed there are 2 x Carol-Ann Triptik Clean amps available ?

Does anyone else have this ?

Axe Edit -> AMP BLOCK -> SELECT and then you should see them in the menu (numbers 076 and 078)
I was looking at this and it shows in Axe Edit 076 Triptik Clean, 078 Tucana Clean. Maybe you should Refresh the Software.

What's a good "stock" cab to use for Petrucci tone nowadays? I got around to installing the latest Chugnus, and it seems to have made my "Petrucci" preset worse. I had it dialed in very close to my physical Mark V + UA OX, and now it's darker, and not as "elastic" to play. This kind of thing is usually rectified by picking a different cab, but there are so many, I'm looking for suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom