Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 10 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've misread it as "Chungus" the first time, and that's what I've been calling it. "Cygnus" sounds ethereal, distant, and airy. "Chungus" sounds fat, heavy, and close by. 🤣

Sup? ;)

MAN,, I'll tell you, I never really got on with a recto in real life or in any of my Axe-fx's ( Ultra- II- and III) Till now......lol it just keeps getting better,,lol I'm able to get tones out of amps I've passed on before for one reason or another fairly easy so far.

This is just strait up tracked Left and right,,, and still feels a little loose to me,, and, but I'm digging it ;)

MOSHON
DAVE

To the surprise of absolutely nobody who has done it already, I just listened back to some older recordings I made FW 15.01 and some recordings that I’ve made with FW 16b, and the difference is even more pronounced than I thought. The low end is much more real sounding in the new ones, it’s almost like it’s ‘bouncier’? The top end feels like it extends further but without being as harsh to listen to as well. Tomorrow is gonna be a busy day re-recording a bunch of stuff with new and improved amp sounds.
Lesson learned: always record raw signal as well so that it could be re-amped later.

Sup? ;)

MAN,, I'll tell you, I never really got on with a recto in real life or in any of my Axe-fx's ( Ultra- II- and III) Till now......lol it just keeps getting better,,lol I'm able to get tones out of amps I've passed on before for one reason or another fairly easy so far.

This is just strait up tracked Left and right,,, and still feels a little loose to me,, and, but I'm digging it ;)

MOSHON
DAVE

Love that riff and the tone. What pickups do you use?

I installed Cygnus Beta 10 last week-end and since then I keep on playing with the simplest presets ever.

IN-AMP-CAB-REVERB-OUT

Bassman, Plexi 50, AC-20, Supro...

Wow...
I just tried the Supro for first time. Dimed the input drive, adjusted tone to taste, used guitar volume knob to clean it up (am I doing this right????) wow what a blast.

what other amps is Cygnus opening new doors for people? I’ve been trying all sorts of new stuff based off these threads....

Well then! I've decided to upgrade to Cygnus from 15.01.

I have tested the Double Verb, and besides being a bit more spanky and percussive, not much of a difference

The LoneStar Lead has dropped in Gain (not mean by volume, but by overdrive gain) from 15.01, but I needed a minute or two to increase the gain to what it was.

The 5150 III RED. Holy fuck. I don't know how the hell you did it, but that low end chunk rumble that occurs on rehearsal studio suddenly exists and made things chunkier. I didn't even need to retweak my preset too much when soft reseting

The Mark IV, Was as fun as well, but as you mentioned, it changed, so, a minute or two, and BAM, ready for duty. It is MUCH BETTER.

And I must say, it probably tested against IRs, But it most interesting me to test it with my 1936 Marshall Cabinet with 2 T75 Speakers. Because one of 15.01 Problems for me was that the speaker didn't rumble enough in high gain and sounded like an FRFR EVEN with the Poweramp volume and amp level up to 0 dB. It was loud, but didn't has the respond as a true amp has.

Sup? ;)

MOSHON
DAVE

Daaaaamn this sounds nice! What settings + IRs did you use? I still feel like I'm not quite there yet with the Boogies.

Daaaaamn this sounds nice! What settings + IRs did you use? I still feel like I'm not quite there yet with the Boogies.
Thanks ;) it's really basic,,,here you go ;) I only used scene 1 and 2 which are amp channel 1 and 2. the others are just copies I haven't tweaked around on...ish..lol there are a couple ML cabs and a factory cab cab1.PNGcab.PNG

MOSHON
DAVE

Attachments

• RECTO.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 48
Sup? ;)

It's my custom Doberman Warrior ;-) scalloped no radius ebony neck, the body was carved kinda like a dome on the front and back,,sorta like an Ibanez S-body. yeah it's pretty punchy ;)
View attachment 80431View attachment 80432View attachment 80433
Noice!

Here's the Gecko:
20210322_201750.jpg

20210322_201807.jpg

Sounds almost like a piano through a good clean amp. It has that richness and swirl on the notes as they decay. 12" radius ebony fretboard, soft-v neck, stainless frets.

Man, I get lost in Cygnus worse than anything I've ever played. This is amazing.

Also, do we report bugs here? I found a minor one tonight... the Treble and the Bass are reversed on the Timothy 1 model. Freaked me out for a second. :)

Brandon

Noice!

Here's the Gecko:

Sounds almost like a piano through a good clean amp. It has that richness and swirl on the notes as they decay. 12" radius ebony fretboard, soft-v neck, stainless frets.
SWEET,, that a compensated nut? EDIT,,, I meant "What" compensated nut is that...;)

Lesson learned: always record raw signal as well so that it could be re-amped later.
Yeah, I learned this years ago after recording a track from the big floor Pod with dual amp stacks in stereo. It sounded massive, but, yeah, can't do much with it now.

Anyone else breaking strings with 16.x? I fired up my power amp and two 4x12s to take out two guitars in 15 minutes. I even tune to Eb with a hybrid set of 10s. I may have to go back to my HS8s until I'm man enough to handle this wheelie machine. At least my wife's Shih Tzu will be safe.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom