Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 10 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve posted before, and they’re super minor, but the input impedance selector in Axe Edit flickers when you first click on the block, and I noticed that the Friedman tone stack is misspelled as “Freidman”

I have been waiting quite some time now for the final release of Cygnus - but today I gave up.
Cliff has really cracked the "secret code" this time. It´s crazy that it is possible to recreate
amps like this with feel and sound by mathematical equations. I´m really happy for this firmware
and also surprised that it was possible. It´s cool to, in a small way, be part of guitar and axefx3 history
-the day fractal released Cygnus. Amazing work :blush::blush::blush:

No. When I was a kid, I made friends with a big swan. My brother, 6 years older, tried to join us one day. That thing beat the tar out of him. He fled in terror.
To a kid like me, used to being beaten up by his big brother, this was a priceless moment.

That's a fair point. When I lived in the burbs, my regular running route took me by a park heavily populated with geese. Those little assholes would always charge at me and hiss when I ran by.

Last edited:
Are there errors possibly still in the Friedman BE100 model? I have tried all of the available models/voicings for it under the latest beta and most of them sound killer! However, sounds like there's some weirdness going on with the HBE V1 C45, BE V2, HBE V2, and HBE V2 C45. Not sure of the technical term for it but I believe it was referred to as crossover distortion before.

damn. That's really close to C.O.C sound on the Deliverance album.
Cool! In fact, I tried to get it close to Marco Sfogli's sound on James LaBrie - Static Impulse, but there's a bit to tweak still. Just love that angry Recto sound on the rhythm guitars.

Last edited:
@My name is mud

It is known by some in the Axe community that twisting some knobs quickly and radically can produce audible artifacts. This is because the change is impacting the algorithms in a non-linear and non-smooth way that can't be compensated for. Imagine twisting your vehicle's steering wheel back and forth over it's full range and not expecting a bad result: "hey manufacturer, I did it so quickly and ended up back in the center so why did I flip my car?". Another example: "I want to change preamp tubes instantly and not hear any artifacts." Not likely. This is a fact of real-time processing with a finite processing power if you change certain parameters quickly.

The AMP model was not designed with radically twisting a random knob back and forth in mind to not produce possible audible artifacts.

Another approach on the forum when sharing these things is to ask a question "Is this a bug? It seems different on this particular amp. Can others confirm?" This allows community exploration rather than claiming something is broken.

So don't do that

I have to admit I burst out laughing reading this. Reminded me of the Dr joke straight away and I’m sure Cliff has said it himself.

euCOokG7489EEFO1aJfTCiww2j9yr9DXfiS0olYabhk.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom