Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 10 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
A shot test of SkullCrusher with Citrus IRs FW 16 b10. Sounds like angry cats and barking dogs... just awesome. thank you Fractal team!

When you recorded this do you use sonarworks on your DAW? If so do you dial in tones with or without the correction?

Anyone on Cygnus that plays Fusion like tones? I want to hear some smooth violin like lead work to know how it sounds. I’m mainly hearing chug metal and certainly nothing against that type of music, I’m looking more for Holdworth lead tones. Anybody?
You might like some of Larry Mitchell's presets:

https://g66.eu/en/artist-presets

I really like his lead tone. Very smooth with good sustain, but not overly gainy.

When you recorded this do you use sonarworks on your DAW? If so do you dial in tones with or without the correction?
I use the autoEQ correction for my headphones, it makes the sound ”flatter”. i just simply use the output one’s global EQ with a graphic type eq.... which makes me realize that my test is probably not so pure. Or is it?
I usually turn off the global eq when playing trough any amplification other than my headphones.

Do you guys have a thread like we do: "FM3 Firmware Updates"?
if you do I couldn't find it

No, I'm guessing most of the FM3 crowd are people entirely new to the FAS ecosystem, so that thread served as an introduction on how FAS' updates are posted on the forum and to appease guys asking for updates pre 3.XX, back when there were many bugs pending...

I'd like to think that most of the Axe FX people (specifically in the forum) already knows that whenever a new FW gets released it gets a new thread sticky here. Also, it's worth mentioning that Public Betas are exclusively posted on the forum, and when it gets an Official Release it only gets posted on the main website until FAS considers it's stable and mostly bug-free.

Regarding new FW updates showing on Fractal bot, only Official Releases are pushed, Public Betas are only accesible via direct download through Cliff's posts on the forum.

Uhhh...it has an off button?...is it for service purposes?
They had some extra space on the left side and wanted to fill it. The switch doesn’t actually turn the unit off, instead it sends a message to our brain that turns off all recognition that the unit is actually working. It continues happily working away until the next time we flick the switch on.

They had some extra space on the left side and wanted to fill it. The switch doesn’t actually turn the unit off, instead it sends a message to our brain that turns off all recognition that the unit is actually working. It continues happily working away until the next time we flick the switch on.
You're almost there, Greg. In fact, the Axe III never turns on, it sends a message to our brains that it's working. Proof? How else could they sound so good?

No, I'm guessing most of the FM3 crowd are people entirely new to the FAS ecosystem, so that thread served as an introduction on how FAS' updates are posted on the forum and to appease guys asking for updates pre 3.XX, back when there were many bugs pending...

I'd like to think that most of the Axe FX people (specifically in the forum) already knows that whenever a new FW gets released it gets a new thread sticky here. Also, it's worth mentioning that Public Betas are exclusively posted on the forum, and when it gets an Official Release it only gets posted on the main website until FAS considers it's stable and mostly bug-free.

Regarding new FW updates showing on Fractal bot, only Official Releases are pushed, Public Betas are only accesible via direct download through Cliff's posts on the forum.
Yeah, but you can click "watch" on the main "Firmware Updates" thread and get an almost instant email notification when new firmware is posted. It's handy if you aren't constantly on the forum hitting F5.

Surely it doesn't take a month and a half to port it. Then again, I'm no software engineer. Granted, there will be bugs to squash but surely since February 12th the majority of the porting has been done.

As of today, March 26th, Cygnus isn't officially "done", so even if some of the porting was implemented previously it likely won't be complete until the Axe FX version of it settles down. And all the new amp model updates will also need to be carried over.

Do you guys have a thread like we do: "FM3 Firmware Updates"?
if you do I couldn't find it

There isn't one for the Axe FX III unfortunately

I don't think that's really what it was for, I think you're overthinking it a little. That thread is just a single thread you can watch to get updates (via forum alerts or emails with the Watch Thread function) when there is a new firmware version. It exists for FM3 because Bryant must have agreed with someone that it was a good idea and maintains it. It doesn't exist in Axe FX because no one here is maintaining one. Since people can also get updates about new firmware via Axe Edit, it's a little redundant, but not everyone is opening axe edit regularly to check so the thread can be helpful.

I hope that Cygnus won’t be fractal’s “Chinese democracy” 😅

If Fractal gets Buckethead, I'm in 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom