AXE Fx II XL

Since I do not need the extras...I am glad I got my axe fx II for the price I DID! This thing will probably sell for $2,700 to $2,800 street price....it is $3,000 LIST! No Thanks!

I got a feeling this memory upgrade is for the IR stuff Cliff is working on. I doubt anybody needs that much memory for presets. If you think about it, why go through that much trouble to change design and market a similar product to the II. If you look at the other new features, It makes me wonder about the ROI. Nothing major there.

pretty cool development, though I'm fine with my II. resolved my only gripe with it a week ago.. couldn't run with FR/FR + poweramp/cab with adam cook's '5150 boogie destructionator' patch since it uses up both amp blocks. power amp sims through the mesa poweramp and cabs sounded like butt. however, i realized that using 2 amp blocks isn't the only way to blend amps, since the II offers the ability to mix/match amp types and tone stacks. tweaked for a few days and now I'm happy.

now, a 1u 'Axe-Effects' would be killer. same effects, cab modeling, IR capability, routing and output as the current FAS boxes but built for 4cm with other amp heads and preamps; for those hoarders that just can't seem to let go of their triaxis even though the II does a better triaxis than...the triaxis (tee-hee). probably a good idea to ditch the second tiger-sharc and optimize the hardware for this role to keep it under $2k.

My current II is much more amp than my talent deserves, but I'm absolutely delighted that FAS isn't sitting on their asses. For hardcore users who are maxing out the II, this is going to be a welcome upgrade. Can't wait to see what else comes rolling off the production belt.

I wish I hadn't already purchased my backup unit. I think there will be some deals in the For Sale area soon.

Consider it the "pro" version. Really, it's meant for power users. Completely understandable. Some excellent features. Does not in any way make the II irrelevant.

Consider it the "pro" version. Really, it's meant for power users. Completely understandable. Some excellent features. Does not in any way make the II irrelevant.

Having Prosumer and Professional options available makes quite a bit of sense, IMHO, and I know business.

Back
Top Bottom