Axe FX II XL Quantum 8.02 Help

deakle

Experienced
I am running an Axe FX II XL, Quantum 8.02 and am having an issue with Scene 1 on several of the factory presets. I posted about this issue a week ago. The issue is that on Scene 1 of several presets (it is totally random which presets this occurs on) there is no output volume at all. Yet I can see an input signal from my guitar on the front panel of the Axe. A week ago, I wiped all the presets and reloaded the factory presets from the website and that cured the issue until today. I can switch between say Scene 1 and 2 of a preset that is an issue and compare settings on each of the settings and see no differences that would affect the volume. In fact the amp and cab settings, input and output settings are all the same. Now I have been able to use Axe Edit, highlight the Amp block, switch it from X to Y, then back to X and that will bring the output volume back. Until I switch presets and then I am back to square one. Has anyone had this issue? Do I have a buggy Axe FX? I purchased my Axe FX used so I cannot contact Support. I need some help please. Thanks in advance for any advice anyone may offer.

does it do this with no controllers or computers connected? How are you switching scenes, X-Y, ect?

Ah Ha!!! If I disconnect my MFC-101 Mark III (connected via Faslink), and my Mac (via USB) everything works fine! I connect the MFC and it stops working again. Disconnect the MFC, connect my Mac via USB and everything is still fine. Reconnect the MFC and it stops working again. So do I have a bad XLR cable? Or a funky MFC? Thanks for your help/suggestion by the way!!!

I would try a known good XLR cable AND not having anything else attached the the Axe,
With a fresh restart for the Axe with the MFC connected.
Once you prove that that works fine, the introduce the computer and see if the trouble reoccurs.

I with @unix-guy you may have a block that has a controller attached and the mfc is engaging(or not engaging) this modifier. possibly a global volume setting in the mfc?

Back
Top Bottom