Axe-Fx II XL+ price on g66.eu

dtpancio

Staring tomorrow we will begin selling the Axe-Fx II XL Plus. This is a minor revision of the existing XL. Everyone on the XL waiting list will receive XL Pluses. The price is the same.

The main difference between the XL and the XL Plus is the LCD. The controller chip for the LCD was EOL so we had to design a new LCD. Since this controller chip has a different protocol this requires different firmware to communicate with the LCD. So we had to call the product something different as it requires different firmware files and we didn't want people having to refer to the serial number or something like that to figure out which file to use.

One idea was the Axe-Fx II XL Mark II but we figured that would be really confusing. So eventually we came up with XL+. Functionally the XL+ is identical to the XL. The sysex ID is 7 vs. 6 for the XL. Presets are cross-compatible and new versions of Axe-Edit and FractalBot will automatically convert presets created on one to work on the other by changing the sysex ID and recalculating the checksums.

So other than a different LCD the XL+ is basically the same thing as an XL.

Or I can put my marketing hat on and do the old song-and-dance:
Step right up and get your new Axe-Fx II XL+. The XL+ is a major improvement to the Axe-Fx II with the following features:
- All new algorithms based on our new patented modeling technology
- Super duper hardware design with better intermodulation distortion and lower interphase coupling
- Indium Tin Oxide (ITO) LCD with superior brightness and contrast
- Custom black-and-white "+" sign after the letters "XL"
- Rich alcantara headliner with diamond-stitch seating surfaces
- Gluten and GMO free

Well, on g66.eu the XL+ is sold separately from the XL and costs 200€ more and I think is not right..

I recently bought an XL from g66.eu and the experience has been amazing, but I think we (international buyers) don't get any advantages with this esclusive reseller thing..

It was discussed in another thread. G66 was so nice not to raise the price of the XL in stock, which were purchased at a more favourable USD/EUR FX rate.
The XL+ has to be purchased at the current USD/EUR rate and this is reflected in the EUR sales price. The USD has gone up more than 10% vs. the EUR since last year.

G66 has always been expensive-ish as distributors go, but they are super nice people. I luckily didn't need any support but I bought my standard and II there and every time communication was good, emails answered fast, etc.
Plus, the box of chocolates is a nice intent.

This is non totally true, G66 raised XL and Mark II price by 100 and 50 euros respectively just a month after I bought my XL (mid January).

This is non totally true, G66 raised XL and Mark II price by 100 and 50 euros respectively just a month after I bought my XL (mid January).
Yes it's true, if you go to check the exchange rate will notice that from January the euro has undergone a major depreciation against the dollar.
We don't buy a single unit from Fractal Audio. We try to keep price the same (and everyone here can say that) bt sometimes it hard expecially when we have to restock our warehouse

If you consider everything (VAT, custom duties and 3 years warranty), well I don't think we are so expensive ;)

That's why I compared with other distributors. Your margins are on the line of Mesa Boogie more than they are Fender's; comparing sale of US products in Europe, all including VAT etc. ;) I didn't yell "what a band of ripoffs" from the rooftops either. ^^

What isn't true? This happened at the end of January: EUR/USD.

It isn't kindness not raise the price of products in stock, it's the right thing to do. Besides that they just correct the price promptly when the rate change, one time in mid jan and the other one no in march and this is totally reasonable

The exchange rate is going through the roof. G66 naturally has to account for that.

I just received a II XL from them. Delivered two days after payment cleared! Incredible fast. Thanks for that.

Now my fingers hurt. :D

Reactions: Ole
2 years warranty is EU law warranty but we as G66 offer 3 years (I wrote this since we were talking about G66 not other manufacturers)

Back
Top Bottom