Axe-FX II XL / Operating Temperature

Quazi Boudreaux

Just bought an AXE-FX II XL. I've noticed that the AXE is running very warm, almost hot. I do have the unit racked with no air flow however I saw no vents in the AXE housing. Of course my first inclination is to take the unit out of the rack to give it room to breath. Does op temp normally run on the very warm side?

I don't know about the XL, but I have an Axe-FX II that's sandwiched in a rack and it exhibits almost no temperature rise whatsoever. You may want to contact Fractal - I'd be concerned if it was me.

I have my XL in a shock mount rack and have not noticed it getting very warm either. Honestly I haven't noticed any temp rise even after 3 hours of use. It would alarm me if it was my unit. Contact FAS support and I'm sure they will get it straightened out for you. Best of luck dude!

I m having the same experience as this with my XL. I have it housed in a 2u rack and after a set the top of the rack is very warm. From these two above posts I'm guessing this isn't normal? Anyone help with this?

Yeah well I m not saying its overheating, but from what I m getting from this thread is that it doesn't change temperature at all with use?

Just bought an AXE-FX II XL. I've noticed that the AXE is running very warm, almost hot. I do have the unit racked with no air flow however I saw no vents in the AXE housing. Of course my first inclination is to take the unit out of the rack to give it room to breath. Does op temp normally run on the very warm side?

I'm pretty sure that the Axe is thermally protected but I would give it some room if you have it racked up tight with other devices that are producing heat.

when I got my Axe II in November I had it in my rack with my Peavey 50/50 tube amp. I asked FAS Support if the heat created by the amp would be a concern (read the manual on placing near heat sources). Their response was the amp is a heat source and should either be vented or separated from the AXE. My unit does get a bit warm from use, but I would not say it was HOT.

Back
Top Bottom