Axe FX II XL+ initial review

dharq

Inspired
so I have just gotten the new axe fx 2 xl+ and out of the box it’s been very impressive looking. It definitely looks the part with all the attention to detail.

Without even looking into the manual I ran two gold 1/4” cables from the outs on then back to my monitors scrolled up n down 2 min found a cool patch and got playing. It took very little effort for me to get up and running. While I am not any kind of guru on the product as of yet I was able to get around the system pretty easy with the axe edit connected with the one USB cable.

This seemed all very simple to me, I was pretty happy to see the large bank of amp models and tweakabilty it made me feel like I got something for the money. I also really like the interface design of the axe edit, I know many are not paying much attention to this but it was cool to see.

Some of the other cool things I noticed as a first time user was the amount of effects and all the cool chain options that could be achieved. I am still learning and have only had this a week, but it does inspire me to play and record any chance I get!

I have to say I feel the same. Once I got the editor up and running I never looked back. Not sure I could even use it without the editor now:) have had mine about 3 months couldn't be happier. Also loaded up AustinBuddy's 700+ TonePack, great starting point to build some of your own custom tones.

Back
Top Bottom