Axe FX II, wsill it be obselete?

I know that you're wrong. It's been demonstrated time and time again that the current hardware platform has more than enough power to handle all foreseeable firmware developments. Unless it's something evolutionary that requires even more DSP horsepower or a total hardware UI overhaul there's absolutely no point in FAS bringing out a new hardware platform. It would also make even less sense for them to release a pair of products built on a hardware platform similar to one that they're about to phase out.

This is also not to mention that FAS products are pricey and have no retail presence, thus making any postulations regarding "Christmas sales" mostly nonsensical. While I'm sure there is a slight correlation between the holidays and increased spending I'd wager that tax season and various sales events are more statistically significant.

Really? But yet the axe 2 platform is not powerful enough to model the klon centaur? Dosent add up.

Really? But yet the axe 2 platform is not powerful enough to model the klon centaur? Dosent add up.

Now you are definitely trolling. Many don't realize it when they are at first. You claim your self importance and allegiance to yourself, your girl, your guitar and money - there may be nothing here for you. You are not contributing to this forum, only causing headache.

Please stop, take a break, and return when you are willing to contribute and participate - yet I feel that moment may never come, as it means allowing others to be just as important as you.

You are a master baiter.

what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg

I predict Axe 3 will be out in Oct/Nov in time to spark Xmas sales and compete with the new Line 6 Helix. Mark my words, Axe 3 will be here before the end of this year. Yes Cliff said he hadn't begun working on it, but now Line 6 has something that is probably comparable to Axe 2 at only $1,500... time for Cliff to raise the bar again... Axe 3 by end of year, mark my words yall.

Someone get rid of the troll please. This is nothing more than trying to stir up more crap around here.

How can you call me a troll when I bought a axe fx in the past and intend to buy another next month???? If you don't like what I write just use ignore. If you are tired of me bringing up klon then you shouldn't have locked my klon thread, as if you'd kept that open I would have kept ally klon talk there.... but no, you keep trying to censor people that want a klon, so since I can't post in my klon thread anymore I will post anywhere I can anytime I feel its relevant. Cliff needs to get off his naracistic self centered high horse and address the klon centaur issue as well as the boss swedish metal issue thats been going on now for two years! I want to know the reasons from cliff on why he has not modeled these, and a timeline on when they will bemodeled.

How can you call me a troll when I bought a axe fx in the past and intend to buy another next month???? If you don't like what I write just use ignore. If you are tired of me bringing up klon then you shouldn't have locked my klon thread, as if you'd kept that open I would have kept ally klon talk there.... but no, you keep trying to censor people that want a klon, so since I can't post in my klon thread anymore I will post anywhere I can anytime I feel its relevant. Cliff needs to get off his naracistic self centered high horse and address the klon centaur issue as well as the boss swedish metal issue thats been going on now for two years! I want to know the reasons from cliff on why he has not modeled these, and a timeline on when they will bemodeled.

Dude I'm only new around here as my post count indicates. But the only naracistic self centered person around here is you buddy.

Yessiree - 'f I were FAS, I'd be gettin right on that request ... NoTT - lol - hilarious!

Thanks for the entertainment.

Its pretty natcacistic for cliff to let that thread go for two yearsand never addresd it, shows how little he cares about customets

I don't know. Is the TC 2290 obsolete? Modern delay makers that strive to replicate it's tones certainly don't. What about vintage Fender amps? The Binson Echorec?

I think the AxeFX II is pretty much *there* with modelling, not to mention the top-flight effects. The AxeFX II alone costs less than buying Strymon's entire pedal line. What you get for your money is a pretty big bang for buck.

I believe that one of the chief things that limits the AxeFX II for the individual user is the learning curve, which admittedly can be steep due to the sheer depth of the unit. Whether this is a good thing or a bad thing is an individual preference.

Another limiting factor is the quality of the amplification that's used. Taking the AxeFX II and piping it through cheapie $100 monitors is not going to result in a satisfying sound, in my opinion. Even if there were an AxeFX III on the horizon, which there is not, I'd rather have the AxeFX II and a set of quality FRFR monitors than a hypothetical AxeFX III running through a set of budget El Cheapo monitors.

Ben just stole my thunder!

The AxeFX II will soon be a staple of guitar audio just as much as a Marshall, TS-9 Tubescreamer(TM), and even the vacuum tube itself.

Guitar Processors do not become obsolete, maybe unsupported, but not obsolete, look at ada mp-1's ans 2's,
Digitech 2101 etc... people still use them. For example when the axe-ii goes for $399.00 on ebay, it will be
mine and I will love it like a new one. :)

Someone get rid of the troll please. This is nothing more than trying to stir up more crap around here.
The Line 6 Helix is not going to compete with the axe-fx, no way, no how, Romeo Bitch, and your Klon Cnetaur, give me a break.

Back
Top Bottom