Axe FX II works as a interface on my mac now?

Rhiza

Inspired
Hi guys, I just updated my Axe FX II to the newest firmware, after that I can use my Axe FX II as a interface.
Before that I could only use Axe FX as a interface on my windows 7 setup and on 6.0 and before that I would get mac errors and such.

Did I miss out on something?

Oh well, I'm really happy that it works now, coz I used to record from Axe FX to my RME fireface with SPDIF. (when using my mac)
But now I can just use Axe FX II as intended to!
Hooray!

Willowdale - I wouldn't be so snarky about all this. It just so happens that until very recently (the latest updates) that I simply couldn't use the USB to send the reamped signal through to my Mac without huge issues with distortions, freeze-ups, pops/clicks, etc. It just simply didn't happen. I'm super stoked because now I'm getting picture-perfect USB signal without any stuttering issues associated with before. This opens a world of opportunity with my unit. So far I've started perfecting my bass sounds, am working on guitar stuff - hell I'm even sending vocals out to be processed through effects chains in the Axe. It's going to be bomb. Big time.

Is it possible to record using the USB on the AFX while still using a different audio interface for your ASIO? So far the only way I've been able to record the Axe via USB is setting it to my ASIO device in Cubase, but was getting occasional clicks/pops that way.

Is it possible to record using the USB on the AFX while still using a different audio interface for your ASIO? So far the only way I've been able to record the Axe via USB is setting it to my ASIO device in Cubase, but was getting occasional clicks/pops that way.

This is possible on a Mac by creating an Aggregate Device. This is what I do and it's been working pretty solidly lately. On Windows, I believe you can use ASIO4All but from what I hear it introduces a lot of latency. Give it a try and see if it works.

Welcome to 1 year ago

Jeez, pipe it down, will you?

I had problems with Axe FX on Mac since day 1. I tried everything, updating drivers, complete re-install of Mac OS and such.
I had given up. But then after the 6.0.1 firmware release, I accidentally chose Axe FX II as my interface on ableton live, works FLAWLESSLY!
I can even aggregate audio as well.

So no, one year ago, it didn't work for me and several other members of this forum.

On my windows 7 setup I can aggregate my Axe FX II and Fireface 400 without much latency. I used Asio4All.
I did however get occasional clicks and pops.
Most of the time I switch between the two audio interfaces.

Back
Top Bottom