AXE FX II + with Kemper

Ron Mesic

And HX FX for that matter...

If you had a Kemper and an Axe FX II +, how would you wire them up?

I'm planning on going guitar - any incidental pedals like the Klon Klone or the little tube preamp - Fractal, then put the Kemper in the loop.

BBE would go on the stereo outputs.
Kemper monitor out might go to a center dry channel. Maybe.

Are there any "best practices" or "try this" suggestions?

(It's taken me a while to start using this thing - I was crushed that the III came out right after I got this thing, been ignoring it for quite a while now.)

Wired it up just as a compressor - think I must be doing something wrong.

What is YOUR goal for using both at the same time? What do you want to do with both vs just using one?

I have an AxeFX II and an HXFX. I put the HXFX into the Axe's FX loop and I use the HXFX's loops for additional pedals. In some patches, I have the Axe's FX loop in front of the amp and sometimes after the cab. I think this is a pretty flexible setup and I like that I am going direct into the Axe's Instrument in as it does auto impedance and is supposed to have some "special sauce mojo" that might be untapped if I went through a pedal first (especially if that pedal has a buffer like the Klon).

Depends on which unit's amp modelling you prefer.

If you like Kempers modelling, use the Axe either in just the loop, or in the front end AND in the loop using the 4 cable method (detailed in axe manual).

If you like the Axe's amp modelling, just use the axe. I've never used my kemper as a pure effects unit even though it has some nice effects. Not sure if it has the same capability, seeing as its an amp modeler first and foremost.

Just speculating on the Helix, since I dont have one; use would be similar to the axe fx in this situation. Either as a pure effects unit using 4CM or effects unit + modelling.

Thanks.

I comprehend there are myriad ways one could configure a rack rig, was wondering if there was any established recommendations.

Very much leaning towards using the Kemper as another amp model but considering also sending from Kemper to a center channel for a WDW setup.

So many options...

What is WDW?

Also, advice ought to be tailored to application, are you going to use this in a live setting? Or is it a studio setup primarily?

Sell both & get the AF3? :D

I know, not helpful, but someone was going to say it soon enough, I might as well be "that" guy.:cool:

^^^ Ooor... sell the kemper, buy a real amp, and use the axe fx FOR fx. Which is what i did.

4cm all the way baby.

Back
Top Bottom