Axe-Fx II while waiting for the FM3

rrhoads17

Inspired
Would it be wise to pick up an Axe II while waiting for the FM3, seeing as how I didn't get on the list till August? Are there huge differences in sound between the II and III firmware.

I'm still rocking an Axe-Fx II since 2013, and it still delivers the goods. My personal opinion is there really isn't much difference in sound quality in the amp sims, but some will swear up and down it's far superior.

If you can afford a III that would probably be the best option, but the II didn't all of a sudden stop working or start sounding worse when III came to be.

There are many things in the Axe Fx III aside from the Amp modeling. And many of those have been improved.

Nothing wrong with the Axe Fx II, though. If there was no Axe Fx III I'd still be very happy with the II.

If you are waiting for an FM3, why not look for a second-hand AX8 to make the wait more enjoyable? Many new FM3 buyers may be about to sell it.

Regards

If you are waiting for an FM3, why not look for a second-hand AX8 to make the wait more enjoyable? Many new FM3 buyers may be about to sell it.

Regards

I don't really want the AX8 cause it doesn't have ARES. I am in the market for an AxeFx II, preferably an XL if anyone is interested in selling one.

Back
Top Bottom