Axe FX II vs Helix: initial thoughts

Where I learned English, this sentence implies the Axe-FX contains sub par components.
Lol, yeah you're correct, the fingers were not connecting with my brain that day. To clarify, You can't compete with sub par components, against the superior ones, which are INCLUDED in the Axe-Fx, lol. Is that better, sorry.

It's all good.

comma-funny.jpg

:)

These "tests" are things that I honestly feel need to be done by impartial parties. If you own one of the products and are use to hearing what the product does, you are more likely to lean that direction. I think what we really need is a blind test.
Also, I don't think the hardware is the issue with the Helix, as from what I can see the hardware is all top notch. The issue will no doubt be what the issue is with every line 6 unit, you must tweak until you are deaf, dumb, and blind, in order to get them to sound good. Adding all sorts of EQ, compression, and fx.
I will state I do not own or have I yet played on a helix, but I have owned every other Line 6 modeler dating back to the original Red Bean, and they all suffered from the same issue, non stop tweaking to get good sound.

I now own a Helix, Axe FX XL , Kemper and FX8 and to my aging yet critical ears, the sonics of the Helix are vastly inferior to the other units(except possibly for some cool fuzz), but the stellar routing capability, both physical and digital, is why I will probably keep it, to link all my superior modelers in some kind of Frankensteinian/ uber rig in my lair......

Our beloved Scott Peterson owns The Gear Page. He is a long time Fractal user and beta tester. Having said that, he is a polite professional who knows what he likes and doesn't bash the competition. He doesn't get butthurt that people prefer Line 6 to Fractal, I seem to recall a similar conversation to this a few years back, where he called them "tools". Whatever works for people is the right tool for them, be it a Fractal or not.

Ultimately, there is very little neutral ground for musicians, before it's the internet and people love to bash the competition. I have done it in the past, now i don't feel the need to justify my gear choices and compare myself to others. Be happy in your choices and make some music.

^^^^^^^^^^^^ I am tired of what's better than this or that, for the most part. I just like to talk shop, lol.
Try Everything you can and let your ears decide. I actually wish I could say it's over, but you know that will
never happen, always something to lust after, lol. Share what works for you, maybe it will help someone else.

Back
Top Bottom