AXE FX II VS BIAS Desktop (High Gain and Ambient Clean)

monkeymanx

Inspired
One thing I notice is that the AXE FX II does not require you to place an overdrive pedal before the high gain amps to actually get a good high gain tone. A lot of the other modelers do require that. For the couple high gain amps I've owned I did not need an overdrive pedal to achieve a nice high gain sound. This leads me to believe the AXE FX II models are more accurate as far as how they handle gain and distortion.

Second, the AXE FX II has some awesome effects in it. The reverbs in BIAS are not that great. I actually had to not use the pedal in BIAS that is for ambient reverb because it sucks so much and has this odd out of tune sound to it.

I used the same cabs to make it fair as well. If you use the built in cabs within BIAS it just sucks much like other built in cab sims from other developers.

At the end of the day, a lot of the amp sims sound similar. I do think the AXE FX II is a step above the others though including the Helix which I had for awhile. The only one I haven't had is the Kemper so I can not compare it to that.

Back
Top Bottom